Allergy Test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been a complete airhead!
I've got a new client in for a colour this evening - Infiniti Satin Quasi - but ive just stupidly realised i have skin tested her!

I know you're meant to skin test 48 hours before you colour, but if i reaction were to occur, you would notice straight away?

I'm cutting her daughters hair also, so do you think i could put some tint on, cut her daughters hair, which should take about and hour and then colour her hair after? permitting there is no reaction ofcourse!
Even though it's not ideal, this is better than not skin testing atall...and even though i know you get reactions from every colour, it's quasi not permanant, and i've never *touch wood* heard of a reaction from a quasi before...

Opinions?

Hi

You could try doing that, but I don't think that it's without risk and guarantees that the product is entirely safe for the client.
I'm certainly no expert but I think that some people can develop a reaction after several hours have lapsed and that's why the test is meant to be done at least 48 hours beforehand.

Would it be possible to defer the appointment?

I don't know the brand but presumably the manufacturers instructions recommend testing?

Hi

You could try doing that, but I don't think that it's without risk and guarantees that the product is entirely safe for the client.
I'm certainly no expert but I think that some people can develop a reaction after several hours have lapsed and that's why the test is meant to be done at least 48 hours beforehand.

Would it be possible to defer the appointment?

I did think that :/

I can't reschedule as they are going to a wedding tomorrow :( i'll just speak to her about it and check she's okay with it :)

I had similar thing last year arrived at clients to do a full head foils she asks me to tint half head underneath and highlight on top I explained I hadn't tested she said it's fine I always have colours home and at salon so I went ahead and did next day got a text to say she was really itchy and she remembers this did happen once before from a salon ( which also hadn't tested her!) I advised her to take piriton and seek medical advise if no improvement luckily for me and her it went down after a couple days and she was fine but I will never risk it again just in case it had been more than a rash , can u not get to her tonight at least it will be on longer than an hour? Xx

Hi,
When i worked in a salon before i went mobile, we had declaration forms that a client could sign to say that they were happy to proceed with the colouring service without having a skin test and that they would do so at their own risk and that we would not be help responsible should they have a reaction.
I would suggest typing something up along these lines and getting her to sign it prior to colouring her hair. :)
Good luck x

Hi,
When i worked in a salon before i went mobile, we had declaration forms that a client could sign to say that they were happy to proceed with the colouring service without having a skin test and that they would do so at their own risk and that we would not be help responsible should they have a reaction.
I would suggest typing something up along these lines and getting her to sign it prior to colouring her hair. :)
Good luck x

Unfortunately this type of disclaimer is not worth the paper they it's written on. Only a properly conducted skin test can protect any hair/beauty professional from legal action in the case of an allergic reaction :)
Is there no other off scalp alternative you could do? :)

all done, no problems, couldn't even feel anything on her scalp :)
I didnt think there'd be an issue but it's one of those last minute worries!

She's a married to my partners friend so she wouldn't sue me, i just dont want to cause her any discomfort or harm:)

thanks guys :D

Latest posts

Back