almond or stilleto tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
Hi all,
i am looking to buy some almond or stilleto shaped tips for a comp and wonderd if anyone knows where I can get some, I want them quite long, but the extra long ones I have are too curvy.

Can you actually get pre shaped tips like this?:eek: ......I thought you would just get long straight tips that you would cut & file to your desired shape?...I am intrigued Jackie and await the answers you will get..........:confused:

I dont know, I am hoping so, I dont want to sculpt that long as I wouldnt make a very good job.

shaped tips are a new one on me too...just hada client last nite who wanted really long almonds...shaped tips wuda helped loads..

Hi Jac,
Ive never seen tips shaped any way other than square!
But come on...we've all seen your work and you create lovely almonds!
If its any help...I sculpted these on Acra forms & found it easy with those.

I think it would work out too expensive to be able to buy all different shaped tips. I have never personally seen almond ones. I just apply a tip and shape as desired.

talented talons said:
I think it would work out too expensive to be able to buy all different shaped tips. I have never personally seen almond ones. I just apply a tip and shape as desired.
as I said its not for evey day use,as they would be too long and I am quite capable of doing almonds it is just for some photographic stuff.

jac extreme said:
as I said its not for evey day use,as they would be too long and I am quite capable of doing almonds it is just for some photographic stuff.

I didn't mean to make it sound as if you couldn't do them:o but i can't say i've ever seen anything other than square. I admit, when you get long ones they do tend to have a severe "c" curve on them. Would you be able to maybe, use a tip, but cut half the length off then sculpt an almond shape on the end, or would this be too difficult?

Can't say i'm good enough at sculpting to be able to do it myself, but its a thought.:)

Just had a brain wave ~ This might be a really stupid idea but if it is only for use in photograpic work how about the witches talons you get in Fancy dress shops - they are normally full cover wells but I know you could sort that out :wink2:
clicky here Ebay

HTH
KxXx

talented talons said:
I didn't mean to make it sound as if you couldn't do them:o but i can't say i've ever seen anything other than square. I admit, when you get long ones they do tend to have a severe "c" curve on them. Would you be able to maybe, use a tip, but cut half the length off then sculpt an almond shape on the end, or would this be too difficult?

Can't say i'm good enough at sculpting to be able to do it myself, but its a thought.:)
thats ok dont worry, I have thought of other options, but I have seen almond tips I was given a small pack when I first started training, but have not got enough left for a set.

nemotail said:
Just had a brain wave ~ This might be a really stupid idea but if it is only for use in photograpic work how about the witches talons you get in Fancy dress shops - they are normally full cover wells but I know you could sort that out :wink2:
clicky here Ebay

HTH
KxXx

That's a better idea than mine. never would have thought of that, mind you only problem could be the fact they're black. Mind you, you can paint them.

jac extreme said:
but I have seen almond tips I was given a small pack when I first started training, but have not got enough left for a set.
Wow! who made them?
Ive never seen anything other than good old square! :rolleyes:

I have no idea Glo.
Here is a pic of one, it has a full well, imagine how long that is on,and not to curvy. fab eh!

here goes

Attachments

• nails for ever 020.jpg
    nails for ever 020.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 163
Well you live and learn...........!!

By the way Glo....gorgeous nails!!

No idea if anyone still does them :rolleyes:
Just wish they did because if tips were pre-shaped you would have every nail being exactly the same and a perfect shape :cool:

I have had tips like that before - didnt use them on clients but used them on a nail art display. They were by Sally Hansen I got them from Savers or Semichem cant remember dont know if these are the right ones but worth a look click here

were they stick oons or did they have a well.

The ones I had definatley had a full well and they were from the Sallt Hansen Professional range same as the Ebay one but dont remember the variety. They do say nail tips but cant quite see in the photo, ask the Ebay seller sure they they would be able to check.
HTH
KxXx

Back