Alternatives to Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Hi guys

I invested in Vinylux when it first came out but as much as I love the quick drying time I'm getting fed up of the top coats going thick before finishing the bottle, same with colours and among other things I'm looking to swap brands...so I'm just wondering if there are any other polishes that are quick drying and last well?

Thanks in advance :)

OPI's new infinite shine and there was another in my mind but I've forgotten - I'll get back about that one!

Thank you :) I have tried the infinite shine but I found it look a long time to dry and chipped after a couple of days, maybe I need to give it another go

Jessica Phenom might be worth looking at x

All that jazz! Dries faster than vinylux, has an amazing colour range & lasts over a week. Can't recommend it enough x

I think most fast drying polishes will have the same problems as vinylux. Its quick drying because the solvent evaporate quickly… it's going thick quickly because the solvents are evaporating quickly ….. See what i mean?

Noreenoconnor that makes perfect sense.
I started another similar thread the other day, sorry I don't know how to link the two up but....interestingly had some great replies about quick drying topcoats that you can apply over regular polish which I've ordered and look forward to trying. Im thinking that if this is the case, and logic says that it is, then it's got to be better to replace a topcoat more often than it is to have to keep replacing the colours that are tending to go thick.
If there is no great fix out there then on the plus side Vinylux is very reasonable to purchase at trade price.

I think most fast drying polishes will have the same problems as vinylux. Its quick drying because the solvent evaporate quickly… it's going thick quickly because the solvents are evaporating quickly ….. See what i mean?

I have to disagree. I had my vinylux for a short while and it went gloopy (I'm talking 15 colours out of 20) however I've had my all that jazz polishes for longer, use them regularly and they are still as they should be. x

I have to disagree. I had my vinylux for a short while and it went gloopy (I'm talking 15 colours out of 20) however I've had my all that jazz polishes for longer, use them regularly and they are still as they should be. x

Thats great :)

I do find that Vinylux dries out quicker than most polishes but am happy to overlook that as it is the fastest drying polish i have ever used, super long lasting, and with a great long lasting shine. It also practically sells it's self to my clients. Like men, nail polishes can't have it all :p There has to be one con, and replacing them more regularly is fine by me as said previously the trade price is very reasonable :)

I have had this problem also but I find if you put a couple of drops (very small amount) of non acetone remover into the bottle and shake it up it smoothes out again and doesn't affect how it applys and still lasts the same time. :) I did this with the top coat too

You can use polish thinner in vinylux. Seche restore is the best!

Really you shouldn't use anything to thin vinylux.. CND doesn't provide any kind of thinner for vinylux so using a different brand thinner may be adding solvents that aren't even present in the formula, aswel as affecting the balance of the formulation, which can seriously impact wear.. Vinylux is so well priced it's not much just to replace the bottle... But if you MUST thin it use a polish thinner not nail polish remover, even it if is acetone free, it's designed to break down polish not thin it, and it will certainly effect performance

I second what Jordan said! Don't use polish remover! Also don't use Seche Restore, it is not 3 free and contains toluene so will drastically alter the formula. Most thinner these days is 3 free though, I have a basic non branded bottle from my local wholesalers and although it doesn't state it, I've checked the ingredients list and it's 3 free. Just compare the ingredients and don't use one that has things in it that aren't in vinylux and start slow, add a tiny drop, shake and see and then add another drop if needed, etc. I'd test it out on one bottle first and then do a wear test before thinning all of them and using them on clients.

Latest posts

Back