Am I making a huge mistake in buying these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spjelgus

Reaction score
I just made a deal with a fellow nail tech who is quitting to buy these two lamps from her. They are the only lamps I have seen here on the Iceberg that have adjustable timers and they even have a fan and sensors inside. I have been looking around the web and the only place I can find a similar one is on Amazon (not the same though) for about 50 pounds.

I agreed to buy them together for ca 80 pounds.

249364_4693119893612_1515726631_n.jpg

Note that anything I would buy internationally I would have to pay for shipping (varies from free to 120%:/) and then ca 40% in customs when it arrived so this makes it financially impossible for me to buy f.e. the CND lamp.

Has anyone ever seen/used these lamps? Are they trash?

:rolleyes:

what are you using the lamps to cure? ie which brand do you use?? will these lamps cure it?

Ah sorry, I am using Harmony products so yes these would cure it:)

My biggest concern for you would be the bulbs .. can you get new replacement sets easily and are you sure the lamps are in good working order? If the answer to both questions is yes, then why not? If they are 4 bulb 36 watt lamps and Harminy say that that is an acceptable type of lamp then you should be good to go.

I can get new replacements easily and I asked the girl how old the current bulbs were and if they needed a change already. She was going to include one replacement set that she had left so hopefully I wont have to get replacements right away.

Maybe Im being paranoid but I have already bought 2 lamps here that were bought from real supplier and they were both trash from day one, making bulbs go out and bad bulb connectors so they were always flicking...:(

I guess I'll just have to go for it and see what happens... worst case scenario they fail tomorrow and Im out 80 quid! What's that to a poor student! Lol:)

I can get new replacements easily and I asked the girl how old the current bulbs were and if they needed a change already. She was going to include one replacement set that she had left so hopefully I wont have to get replacements right away.

Maybe Im being paranoid but I have already bought 2 lamps here that were bought from real supplier and they were both trash from day one, making bulbs go out and bad bulb connectors so they were always flicking...:(

I guess I'll just have to go for it and see what happens... worst case scenario they fail tomorrow and Im out 80 quid! What's that to a poor student! Lol:)

How old are the lamps? You could possibly arrange a two week trial and pay half up front and the other half after 2 weeks? I would not take her word for the usage-life of the bulbs. Change then right away and you know you are starting out on the right foot.

How old are the lamps? You could possibly arrange a two week trial and pay half up front and the other half after 2 weeks? I would not take her word for the usage-life of the bulbs. Change then right away and you know you are starting out on the right foot.

Good idea:) I got her to send me some close ups of them and they look practically new, no gel residue inside, no scratches, no stains, no wear on the controls so I am hoping they are relatively new.

Good idea:) I got her to send me some close ups of them and they look practically new, no gel residue inside, no scratches, no stains, no wear on the controls so I am hoping they are relatively new.

That all sounds good. They dont look too bad. I hope they are sturdy with some weight to them and not light weight and flimsy. Will you be carting all about for work or are you in a static positionm when working? .. and Good Luck .. I hope it works out for you. :Love:

That all sounds good. They dont look too bad. I hope they are sturdy with some weight to them and not light weight and flimsy. Will you be carting all about for work or are you in a static positionm when working? .. and Good Luck .. I hope it works out for you. :Love:

I am mostly working from home at the moment but I did some mobile work a while ago and I think the other two lamps could've done without it:lol:

Thank you for your input:) Sometimes I just feel I need a second opinion - in comes Salongeek!!:Love:

I am mostly working from home at the moment but I did some mobile work a while ago and I think the other two lamps could've done without it:lol:

Thank you for your input:) Sometimes I just feel I need a second opinion - in comes Salongeek!!:Love:

Glad to be here for you, my friend. I always root for you because I know it is not an easy patch in Iceland!!! The very thought makes me shiver !! lol I hope you have good heating. I've just turned mine on this afternoon for the first time. Cosy! Going to light the fire fire the first time too tonight. Love it (for a few weeks and then I am over it :biggrin:). I must drop in sometime .. it is on my route to America and Boston. We will have to share a glass. x

My family emigrated from Iceland and I think its so neat to chat with a fellow Icelander. There aren't too many of us where I live. I just pm'd you to chat a bit more! :)

Glad to be here for you, my friend. I always root for you because I know it is not an easy patch in Iceland!!! The very thought makes me shiver !! lol I hope you have good heating. I've just turned mine on this afternoon for the first time. Cosy! Going to light the fire fire the first time too tonight. Love it (for a few weeks and then I am over it :biggrin:). I must drop in sometime .. it is on my route to America and Boston. We will have to share a glass. x

Haha my heating has been on since august!!!:lol: And I don't even have a fireplace!:eek:

Yes Iceland is a little special case;) You really should take a day off between flights and I'll take you up on that glass:hug:

Latest posts

Back