Another fabric question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Fawkes

Reaction score
Just a quick one - when Im applying Boost if it doesnt seem to be drying, ive been putting bit more blast on top. Will this actually speed up the drying time or am I wasting my time? Ta

It will, but the more blast you use then the bigger likelihood you have of shattering. It probably means you are applying your boost too thick if you are needing to do this.

Thank you - will try and be bit more sparing with the Boost. Must admit it seems to only take ages to dry when Im filling in a dip or trying to create better arch, so Boost would be bit thicker.

Determined to get to grips with this new system,one of my poor silk clients (i only have 2 silk ladies!) has been back twice since I put first lot on couple of weeks ago. Bless her, shes so good about it. Didnt charge her last night for replacing one and rescuing another and she was desperately trying to force money in my hands! Said she's gonna bring the kids some sweets next time cos i wouldnt take it!

I am no expert on Fabric# (but I was taught by one!) and your bead of boost should only be lentil size (if that!). If you pat it to either side first and then brush it forward gently from zone 2 (like a polish application), then go down to one side and back to middle down the otherside and back to middle (brushing forward and from zone 2), then do this again but start from zone 3. You have to be gentle and quick so that it doesn't suddenly set in the brush.

He he, like the analogy, but not sure I know how big a lentil is!! never had one! Thought they were sort of baked bean size, but Im quite sure this is way too big for a Boost bead so must be wrong! Not to worry, I get the general idea - ta again. x

Latest posts

Back