another way to do P+W L+P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma's nails

Reaction score
last night i did my nails as usual. i did the left hand (easy peasy as i'm right handed), but i decided to go and get the other hand done by someone else (never done that before - just felt lazy).

now, i always do it the creative way, zone 1 - 2 - 3.

however, she did 2 - 3 then tidied the smile up (in the pink zone 2) by using one side of nail clippers (that she'd pulled apart) by almost cutting the smile and sliding off the excess (while its still "sticky"). then she added zone 1 in white.

well, my nails look fab!!! and it looked so easy, so i came home and had a go myself on some spare nail tips and it was fantastic. the result is brilliant, no air bubbles or pockets (not that i have any anyway but...).it also cut down my timings.

i just wondered if anyone else does this or what you think. any pros/cons of doing it this way, cause they look brilliant and if it cuts down my timings...maybe i should do it that way. i dont know. any suggestions?

think this is the same way that someone mentioned the other day.

Hey if it works - its easier - and u get a good end result - do it !

amb x

I read the other thread and what occurred to me in this would be that there would be an unblended join between the white and pink.

When doing it the "traditional" way the pink is smoothed slightly into the white to smooth the join. I hope that makes sense.

Maybe our long termers could comment on this - Sam, Geeg etc.

ok, just to give u tell u all, i did a rebalance using this method as it looked so easy.

well, i've never come across so much curling in my life, so i wont be doing that again. i'll stick with what i know best now.
1-2-3.......the creative way.

If it works ... don't fix it!!!

emma's nails said:
last night i did my nails as usual. i did the left hand (easy peasy as i'm right handed), but i decided to go and get the other hand done by someone else (never done that before - just felt lazy).

now, i always do it the creative way, zone 1 - 2 - 3.

however, she did 2 - 3 then tidied the smile up (in the pink zone 2) by using one side of nail clippers (that she'd pulled apart) by almost cutting the smile and sliding off the excess (while its still "sticky"). then she added zone 1 in white.

well, my nails look fab!!! and it looked so easy, so i came home and had a go myself on some spare nail tips and it was fantastic. the result is brilliant, no air bubbles or pockets (not that i have any anyway but...).it also cut down my timings.

i just wondered if anyone else does this or what you think. any pros/cons of doing it this way, cause they look brilliant and if it cuts down my timings...maybe i should do it that way. i dont know. any suggestions?
Was this with gel?

ok have you ever tried to break the nail cutters apart been trying all day to test it lol still cant break them

You can also do it with an efile.

The way we do it at CW (the Marian Newman way :cool: ) with the custom blending is as follows:

Zone 3 - make a nice crisp margin around the cuticle with the product
Zone 2 - create apex and blend blend blend back into zone 3 - scoop out a reverse smile line then gently pat down
Zone 1 - place soft white bead (also custom blended) and pat round then smooth into zone 2 to create a soft "smudgy" smile line

This way creates THE most natural looking enhancements that our clients love!

hmmm, interesting, but;-

zone 2 scoop with what ?:confused:

The point of your brush

mmm, it sounds good, have you got any pictures clare ? i'd like to see it being done .

No I haven't I'm afraid! Look out in next months PN though Zoe is doing a step by step!

My only hesitation is that people would have a tendency going 'wetter' in order to ensure they can 'slice' away the product before it sets. IMHO Rebalances would be a nightmare with this technique.

MN@CW essentially 'fades' the white by tapering it over the pink. Different beast all together but without the potential wet effects mentioned above.

HTHs ;)

Beware of the nightmare it costs you from working wet!!!

Cathie! said:
Beware of the nightmare it costs you from working wet!!!
er, ok I'll risk sounding thick, but got to know. What happenes when you work wet?

Susie H said:
er, ok I'll risk sounding thick, but got to know. What happenes when you work wet?

overexposure, product sliding onto the cuticle which will make the nails lift, etc..
i used to work too wet :( not fun :p

Susie H said:

Read my never ending posts about pocket lifting...can't say I have trouble with product touching skin or flooding zone 3, but I have problems over the long term and the only thing I can put it down to is working a tad wetter than the ideal!!

so how would you rebalance with this technique ?

Latest posts

Back