Any Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star8

Reaction score
Hi all, this is week 7 renting a Beauty room above a salon. I have had reduced rent for 8 weeks then putting up. I have managed to make rent each week but very quite. I do a few days and still have my job. I have a Facebook page. I also have leaflets that I have posted to all shops in area and some out. I regular update page. Have done offers and posted on salons Facebook but not sure where I should be at. And income wise how long it should take and what to aim for?? Any help please

You are going to hate me saying this but I've closed my beauty room because I was SO busy. Let me clarify that though - I work full-time (days) and I rented the room with a view that my clients would want appointments on Saturdays - they didn't. EVERYONE wanted evening appointments - I ended up doing 17/18hrs a day and no-one in on Saturday.

I was mobile for about 8 months before (I was training - doing level 2) so I built up a bit of a following as I could only charge pence for my treatments. I thought people would leave me when I qualified and started with industry prices - they didn't.

I don't know what hours you are working but clients wanted the flexibility offered when I was mobile but in a room away from children, family etc. To ensure I made my rent I was having to work the evenings. I've down closed down and sorting a room at home - minus the stress of making the rent.

I've waffled on there but my point is - are you open at the right times for your clients? I thought people would be angry that I didn't open through the day - no-one ever mentioned that - they all booked in for appointments after work. You might want to consider changing how you work - I don't know your circumstances so this might not be possible but there is a niche for beauty room owners - salons don't tend to be open when people finish work.

I hope things pick up for you :hug:

Hi I have been doing a mix of late nights afternoon and day. And on a very quite day changed to busier. Thanks

Latest posts

Back