Any anxiety sufferers on here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I just wondered if anyone on here suffers with anxiety & if so how do you deal with it?
I've suffered for years but its got worse as I've got older due to worrying about everyday things that I don't have I.e I'm 28 & still live at home with my parents.I've got no partner & no children & I worry about not having these things which then sets my anxiety off :-(
Does anyone else suffer with anxiety too?

Hi, I'm 23 and have been really bad with anxiety and depression since I was 18. I'm on medication which helps, I would try not to let not having a partner/children affect you, you're only 28! Plenty of time for that :) I also had NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) which has really helped me x

I also suffer from anxiety and have been diagnosed with it. The doc said I could take anti depressants to help however so far I haven't gone down this route. I have nothing against anti depressants though.

I just wanted you to no that your not alone. I worry about silly things such as people dying etc. I just have to try n tell urself to stop being sit and try keep myself busy. X

My mom suffers with severe anxiety and panic attacks. She's had it all her life and was put on anti depressants to control it. I wouldn't recommend this as she's been on them so long she is unable to come off them now, although she has cut down to 2 tablets a day instead of 4, however if she's having a bad day she will take 4. She also worries about a lot if things and won't go anywhere she's not comfortable with. I think this has also rubbed off on me over the years which isn't my moms fault iv just grew up with it. I'm 22 and worry constantly about everything and although im not sure think I have had panic attacks.

Your not alone. And you definitely haven't got to worry about still living at home, not having a partner etc. like someone above said, plenty of time for that!! Xx

I too suffer from dreadful anxiety attacks, and if I'm not worrying about something I'm worrying that I should be worrying!
I take hefty meds for it, and I try to breathe through them, which has a variable success rate to be honest.
They do pass, and I try to remind myself of that when they're at their worst. Tomorrow is another day, and all that.
NLP has also helped me, plus many years of counselling, and a very supportive humsbums.

If you are finding that your life is becoming difficult I would always suggest that you have a chat with your GP.

My teen daughter suffers from Anxiety and panic attacks and she is due to start CBT this week so maybe that's something your could look into.

hia. thank uou OP and replies for being so open, it's wonderful to see!

talk it over with GP and we are all giving our opinions or our experiences on here.
just an hour ago someone just lectured me about me being on lorazepam for my anxiety and under care of hospital psychiatrist, apparently I shouldn't ...
but everyone is an individual and need their own thing ;-)

try not to pressurise yourself not to worry. maybe have a look at NHS pages on anxiety and Mind website.

i'm an educator for "time to change", an organisation that challenges stigma associated with any mental health condition.

i'm doing my nail tech qualification and it's taking me much longer than everyone else in my group, but i'm still doing it despite some serious mental illness'.

feel free to PM me x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I suffer from anxiety and I have OCD so anxiety related. I come on and off meds with the support of my doctor obviously as sometimes I go through periods when I am more anxious than others so need something to take the edge of it, as it were.

It's well worth a visit to your doctors of you haven't done already as others have mentioned, there are different treatments available and they don't always have to be med based.

I tend find this line of work is actually really good for me, I love what I do first and foremost but I find it really relaxes me. Keeping busy also keeps my anxiety at bay as well, as I have less time on my hands to sit and worry- it's not as black and white as that and sometimes the anxiety really does take over, but over the years I've learnt to find different coping mechanisms to try and eleviate the anxiety and the stress it brings on.

Hugs x x x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using SalonGeek

oh and i'm 28 and no partner, no kids too.
i know, when the time's right, will meet my mr right x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hello. I suffer from anxiety and stress and social anxiety. I have had CBT and that has helped. I thought I was never going to see the light at the and of the tunnell but now I'm a lot better and beauty and nails is helping. I still get anxious and worry but it will take time. There are lots of strategies to help. Pm me if you like. X

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

Ive recently just started to.Evidently can be a menopause thing,as I have never had them before.Heart racing breathlessness can't cope kind of thing and started over analysing everything and needlessly worrying.
I'm going to go to docs initially (when i get around to it and everyones nagged me enough)just to rule out any heart probs as I do have high cholesterol and then if that's ok I will know what I'm dealing with and go from there.

I wouldn't say I suffer from it, but I've had anxiety/panic attacks since I was a preteen. It used to only come around during exam and standardize testing periods, but since adulthood, it happens when I'm super stressed out. I've been prescribed Xanax, but I'm not very keen on medication (it's bad, I know but I'm just not a pill popper), so I've kinda just been coping with it on my own. I also suffer from insomnia, which I've been told ties in with my anxiety.

Thankyou all so much for the replies.I really appreciate you all being open & sharing this as I know this can be hard to talk about so thankyou :) it makes me feel less stupid to know I'm not alone
I have been to counseling afew years ago which didn't help but due to my cirumstances changing I am willing to give it another go. I have been to the doctors & have medication which I only take as & when I need it which I like as I didn't want to just rely on taking tablets.I can go for months & not suffer but then something happens & that's it I can be bad again for weeks.
Can I ask what these other methods are that a couple of you have talked about?

counselling, CBT, NLP and exercise! (preferably vigorous sex, none of this pull my nightie down when you've finished!)
:eek:

My daughter is 16 and she suffers from anxiety. She has been referred to a counsellor and we are currently waiting for the appointment.

She worries about things on a daily basis, and the level of her anxiety is beyond rational. For example, on her days when she doesnt have to go to college, she will get out of bed at 5am because she worries that she wont have enough time to do all her coursework, that's just one example of the way she handles things, but its a very typical example of how she lives her life. I suffer from bi-polar disorder and have been receiving treatment for it for many years, and it worries me that perhaps she will end up down the same road as me mental health wise. I have been so very careful to play down my own condition over the years and not make a big deal about it, because sometimes these things can be self fulfilling, and I didnt want to create a problem by making an issue out of it.

I am very keen for my daughter to resolve her problems through counselling and similar therapies, rather than drugs/medication. I'm not against medication, but I think its better to use other methods first. We havent even had our first appointment yet so I'm keeping an open mind but I'm optimistic about it.

I've suffered with terrible anxiety from the age of 11. I actually didn't go to school between the ages of 11-13 because my panic attacks were so bad!! I seem to have grown out of it although I still have my days where I could quite happily sit in my house and never leave or speak to anyone again. The best advice I was ever given was as soon as you start to have those feelings give yourself a physical shake and think of something that makes you really happy( even if its not real and its completely fantasy). This works for me everytime.

Hey

I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks. For me, I used to hide myself away from my friends and family because I just couldn't deal with seeing people... But iv actually found that this makes it worse, and Infact being around your loved ones and being social helps, even when you don't feel like it. It's maybe not the case for everyone but helps me :) and I haven't had a panic attack in weeks because I changed the way I reacted to them. Instead of letting myself worry when I was having one, and let my thoughts go mental, I told myself "this is a panic attack, that is all", and I think my brain started to register that it wasn't scary and there was no need to hyperventilate. Don't get me wrong it took me a good couple of weeks before they started to fade... But for me, this technique def worked! Your not alone :)

First of all once again thanks for the replies I really do appreciate it.
I have definately suffered with anxiety since I was young but I never knew what it was as I didn't have the answers to explain what I was worried about hence why I never had treatment for it then & it getting worse.
I have tried counseling a few years ago but it didn't help although I think that's because I never really connected to the councillor if that makes sense so I am going to try again.
I am willing to try most things but how do I go about trying all these things you all have suggested?

I think first and foremost, you should see a qualified professional, even if its just for consultation. I think it's best to know for sure how severe it is. From there you can see what options there are out there for your case. One thing that has helped me through most of my episodes is just knowing when it's going to start, and taking a few minutes to concentrate on my breathing. I allow myself a little time each day to write what's worrying/bothering me, and just go through each thing and see if its even that serious, and if there's anything I can do to change it. Through the years I've found a good portion of my list are things I have no control over, and can't change, so I just work on not letting them cross my mind. The things that I DO have control over, I try to convince myself it's just another "thing" and approach it as calmly and rationally as I can.

I used to suffer from anxiety, it started when I was working in the salon and the girls had started to ignore me etc i got so bad I panicked every time a new client came in the salon. I used to sit at home on the sofa and my anxiety would build up and up. I used to come home from work and start crying uncontrollably and worried about everything! No one understands how it feels if they don't suffer from it. I am happy to say that now I have left the salon I no longer suffer with it. I feel for everyone that does as I think it's the worse thing to go through! Xx

Latest posts

Back