Any Hair Salons looking for a volunteer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow_aj

Reaction score
Hi there!
I am looking for a salon that is willing to take on a volunteer two days a week. Bit of a long post, but just want to give you as much information about myself as possible.

I am a mature student who is in the process of re-training as a hairdresser. In September I started an NC in Ladies Basic Hairdressing as a night class. I have successfully completed my course and will carry on this month with foundation colour. This will then lead on to SVQ 2 in August 2011.

I turned 42 in December. I know by industry standards I am considerably older than most apprentices. Please do not let my age put you off. I have vast experience with customer service and deal well with the public. I am a dedicated and hardworking person and am just looking for a foot in the door to gain practical experience within hairdressing. I am willing to do whatever it takes within a salon, sweeping floors, taking out trash, anything.

I am looking for a salon in the Glasgow area. ( West End or Clydebank)

If anyone out there is willing to take a chance on a mature student, and give me the opportunity to gain practical knowledge please respond. Any other comments or advice would be greatly welcome.

Thank you for reading my post.

Latest posts

Back