Any tips for sleeping in tan solution?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
Ok, anyone got any tips for clients sleeping in their newly sprayed solution to stop the colour transferring onto hands etc? I think this was what caused one of my clients to have overly dark patches on her hands as she might have slept with her hands between her legs or something? :irked:

Most of my clients have evening appointments and have to sleep in it, i've read somewhere about wearing loose fitting socks over hands? anyone tried this method? if so do you end up with rings where the socks have been? :eek:

Just want to help them not to wake up looking patchy with orange palms and white hand prints everywhere!! lol

Ok, anyone got any tips for clients sleeping in their newly sprayed solution to stop the colour transferring onto hands etc? I think this was what caused one of my clients to have overly dark patches on her hands as she might have slept with her hands between her legs or something? :irked:

Most of my clients have evening appointments and have to sleep in it, i've read somewhere about wearing loose fitting socks over hands? anyone tried this method? if so do you end up with rings where the socks have been? :eek:

Just want to help them not to wake up looking patchy with orange palms and white hand prints everywhere!! lol
there is like a bag you can get now they sleep in it to stop you from getting tan on you sheets etc it looks good will have to think of the name of the website and let you know

yes I know what you mean, but I cant imagine my clients all buying one of them... just wanted ideas to give them that wont cost them anything, like the sock idea...

I always wear PJs when I sleep in a spray tan.

there is like a bag you can get now they sleep in it to stop you from getting tan on you sheets etc it looks good will have to think of the name of the website and let you know

A body bag, contact your local coroner for discounts :)

Sorry, it's Saturday night here, it's been a long week and quite a large bottle of wine:lol:

I always advise my clients to sleep in loose dark clothing that covers their arms and legs (less chance of them rubbing skin with hands) and also to put a light layer of vaseline on their palms (just the palms!!!) and fingernails. I haven't been trained to advise this, it's just something I do when I've had my own done and it's always worked for me. HTH! x

I tend to find if a client is going to touch themselves its usually going to be around the decollete, as they are side sleepers who curl up and clench their hands to themselves.

Pyjama's are the best bet as they stop any tan transferring to the bedclothes, but otherwise, I recommend a client dusts this area with a little talc before bedtime and it prevents the skin being sticky enough for colour transfer.

Having a tan in the evening is always going to run into problems with tan transfer during the night. If the client is a person who gets very warm in bed then its worse for them as the tan is lifted easier. Even if they are warm I would advise sleeping with some light night wear so that the knees, legs and upper torso are covered with something to stop skin to skin.

I everso lightly dust with a huge dusting brush my clients with perfume free talc under the neck, inside elbows, underarms and backs of knees too after every tan. It helps to stop the sticky feeling then clients are less likely to be 'pestered' by it and constantly touch the area to see if its 'dry' or not.

In the summer when clients are naturally sticky with persperation its a good idea to dust as the tan seems to take so much longer to dry.

:hug:

Now why didnt I think of pyjamas?? D'oh! so simple! cheers you lot, hopefully there wont be any more patchy clients in the morning now :green:

ive never had a client or myself yet that has a problem with sleeping in a tan, apart from slight staining on bed sheets ( which comes out in wash!!)

do you think this is beacause the latest i do a tan at night is 6pm ish???
do you think the more hours theyve had the less chance there is of ruining the tan???
or not??

just interested!!!

Sorry, it's Saturday night here, it's been a long week and quite a large bottle of wine:lol:

:green::lol::)

Now why didnt I think of pyjamas?? D'oh! so simple! cheers you lot, hopefully there wont be any more patchy clients in the morning now :green:
Love your malamute...bet you get loads of exercise now......I always tell my client PJs.....who on earth would buy one of those body bags at the price! Anyways the rub off washes out on cotton, just a pain if it isn't sheet washing week!

make sure its an empty bag lol

I am not a fan of the body bags either... you don't save anything by having them.. you may as well just lay a large towel down on the bed. If you didnt wear anything inside the bag, you are still going to be at risk of skin to skin contact during the night..more so in the bag as there isnt as much room to spread out lol!!

Not one of the best ideas who ever thought of it me thinks! :eek:

maybe a 'mummy suit' would be a good invention?? what do you think?

ok, :green:**PATENT PENDING***

I thought of it first!!!! lmao :green: Could by like an adult babygro with mittens and feet all in one :lol:

maybe a 'mummy suit' would be a good invention?? what do you think?

ok, :green:**PATENT PENDING***

I thought of it first!!!! lmao :green: Could by like an adult babygro with mittens and feet all in one :lol:

Bagsi Bunny Ears on mine :p

Some girls actually come in to me for tanning, wearing their PJs.
I've got parking right up to the door, so no probs with them running in & out the salon. Less chance of getting splashed with the rain too.
They seem to favour the black, polyester-'satin' jacket and elasticated waist trousers type. A passerby actually asked me if it was a cult :smack:
It seems to work for them though.................

do you think the more hours theyve had the less chance there is of ruining the tan???

Definatley..the more time the tan has to develope the less chance of transfer .
If you are tanning late in the evening try boxing gloves...these will not only protectthe hands but you also if hubby gives you ago during the night :lol::lol:

sometimes I am still tanning at 9pm :eek: but the lady who had the problem with her hands was a 2.30pm client so should have been fine by the evening and could have washed off around 10pm, maybe it is because she chose to sleep in it that she had the problem, didnt think you could overdevelop though? is there a maximum time you can leave it on for?

Latest posts

Back