Anybody had Shellac issues from Ellisons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSlim

Reaction score
Hi ladies..
A couple of weeks ago I ordered some shellac and other bits from Ellisons..
My top coat arrived and there was literally nothing in it, totally empty!
So obviously I had to sent it back had to wait ages to get P&P back.
I always keep on top of my products so just gone to open a new bottle of base coat which again I got from Ellisons a few months back..
Half the bottle has leaked into the plastic packaging half the bottle has gone I'm fuming!
I'm not going through the hassle of sending it back I think I'm just going to stick with Sweet from now on.
I don't know if it's just coincidence?
X

Not everything is always perfect for anyone, but Sweet Squared want it to be so we try very very hard. X

I believe Ellisons get there stock from S2 so there should be no reason why more products would be at fault ......however the way in which a company deals with these problems is important, especially when you are running a business! In this regard in my experience S2 are excellent and I have always used them even though I have a nearby Ellisons!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first base coat leaked a bit from ellisons but I think it was more down to me as I didn't clean it every time!! I've ordered loads from ellisons and never had a problem

I believe Ellisons get there stock from S2 so there should be no reason why more products would be at fault ......however the way in which a company deals with these problems is important, especially when you are running a business! In this regard in my experience S2 are excellent and I have always used them even though I have a nearby Ellisons!

Yes that's what I mean, it just made me question how they look after their stock stock I wonder?
Obviously having no Shellac in the bottle at all was not their fault at all but even before I opened it I knew it as empty the weight didn't feel right at all!
Hopefully it was just a stroke of bad luck!
X

Unfortunately if you buy from Ellisons you also miss out being on the free CND Salon Locator CND Shellac & Vinylux

If you are using Shellac (the entire system inc. the UV Lamp) and buy stock regularly then you can add your details to the CND salon locator so that customers can find genuine users of Shellac and Vinylux. The site is highlighted in all consumer magazines when the products appear (which they do regularly. When clients ask the editor, "Where can I get a Shellac Manicure or buy Vinylux?" they are directed to this site ... BE ON IT!! :)

Unfortunately if you buy from Ellisons you also miss out being on the free CND Salon Locator CND Shellac & Vinylux

If you are using Shellac (the entire system inc. the UV Lamp) and buy stock regularly then you can add your details to the CND salon locator so that customers can find genuine users of Shellac and Vinylux. The site is highlighted in all consumer magazines when the products appear (which they do regularly. When clients ask the editor, "Where can I get a Shellac Manicure or buy Vinylux?" they are directed to this site ... BE ON IT!! :)

I just signed up, there's hardly anyone else on it near me! Which basically I'm very happy about lol!!

I just signed up, there's hardly anyone else on it near me! Which basically I'm very happy about lol!!

Glad you did then :D ... the biggest challenge is that 50% of the people eligible to be on the salon locator haven't bothered to put in their details to get on it. It's easy to do and only the person themselves can do it[/B; Its not automatic because your details are private to YOU and only the details you want people to see go on so only you can do it!! If you get what I mean. Silly not to get on before Christmas. If you have any problems getting on folks, just call S2 and someone will guide you. xx

My first base coat leaked a bit from ellisons but I think it was more down to me as I didn't clean it every time!! I've ordered loads from ellisons and never had a problem

Are we meant to clean it every time? I dont unless it's really messy but never had leaks :s x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm pretty sure I'm on it.. You have to place an order at least every 6 months or else you will be removed if I remember correctly?
I alternate buying my Shellac from Sweet Squared and Ellisons. It's just handy if I'm running low on wax etc I can get it one go!
Like I said though, I'm going to stick with purchasing with Sweet from now on. :)

You need to order every 60 days I think which isn't difficult considering there is no minimum order.

i stay near the fingertips centre in Edinburgh and buy all my shellac and CND supplies from there. so would i still need to purchase from S2 to be on the locator?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

i stay near the fingertips centre in Edinburgh and buy all my shellac and CND supplies from there. so would i still need to purchase from S2 to be on the locator?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm pretty sure that The Centre is part of the salon locator scheme but check with them.

Latest posts

Back