Anyone used tip blender?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hi i was just wondering if anyone has used tip blender before? I dont really want to use it, but i need to find out about it. My workmate doesnt do nails but she has done the creative foundation two years ago. She has now decided that she wants to do a few sets now and again in work. She suggested i used this but i told her i didnt really want to as i have heard that it wasnt much good. But she disagrees and thinks i am right stuck up about my job. So can someone please tell me what this product is and does.thanks.x

tip blender contains acetone which carries on working after you've applied your product, it ends up aiding lifting and from a personal point of view I'd say 'bin it', I found learning how to use my file properly helped me more than the tip blender ever did :)
you're not stuck up about it hunny, you're passionate about nails :hug:

Thanks for the reply hun! I told her at that time that it carries on working after applied, but she said something about it and said it doesnt. I wasnt sure at the time so didnt disagree with her. But at least i know now.

there were some threads a while ago about tip blender, maybe a search will show up some other Geeks opinions about it.

Thanks again, i should have done that from the start.x

really wouldn't bother with it, it's more trouble than its worth. and the time you spend using it you could have your nails done with a file, done and dusted as they say.x;)

and..... using a tip blender (cus it primarily acetone) usually results in the plastic becoming all mushy and nasty and part dissolved!.......You ruin several abrasives in the process and then, more often than not, as you have completely ruined the tip, you start afresh with a new one (not excellent time management!!!)....or..... you are tempted to apply product on top of the said ruined tip....forfeiting the overall strength and appearance of the enhancement!
Hate tip blenders....can you tell????

Not liking the sound of tip blender much!

Do you pre blend before applying to the nail?
I cut out the well leaving a couple of mm to attach with then pre-blend the entire nail before attaching to the nail. The all you need is a quick buff with a 240 over the join and all done.

HTH
KxXx

i was taught to blend tips with acetone and a cotton bud? is this wrong? what should i be doing?

kadie said:
i was taught to blend tips with acetone and a cotton bud? is this wrong? what should i be doing?

no its not wrong its just one of the old way of doing things in the past if you didn't have tip blender but they are both acetone.

I have used it in the past (tip blender) and never had any problems with it, it the same with line out some people it agrees with and some people it doesn't, the best thing to do is to try it for yourself and make your own judgment.

using acetone to melt/dissolve the tip isn't good in the longterm, not only (as Jacky said) because it makes the tip go all mushy and wrecks your files but because it carries on working after you've applied your gel/L+P/fibreglass system.
it's better (IMO) to cut out as much of the well of the tip as possible (leaving a slither) and pre-blending the tip before applying. I was taught tip tailoring on my recent Brisa induction and it's helped me no end when doing a full set, cuts down loads of blending time too.
at the end of the day acetone tip blenders will help to cause product breakdown and that's not good.

i was also thought to blend tips with an orange stick, cotton wool and acetone, but it never resulted ina nice clean blend so i stopped, i was only thought this last year, it's unbelieve that ppl are still teaching it. i now also cut most the well out and pre blends, it's made my life so much easier...

Latest posts

Back