Apollo Air Gun used with TC3...leaking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Can anyone advise why my Apollo air gun is leaking solution from where the needle goes through the gun down the trigger, so that it gets on my fingers when I am spraying IYKWIM?

I do clean regularly......not after every spray but always at the end of the day.

Just wondering if my gun is getting old.....do they have a sell by date?

Thanks in advance !

Edit....do you think my needle could be getting a bit worn....the gun is approx 4 years old and has several hundred tans under its belt?

Last edited:
The first thing i'd check is the needle to see if was bent. If not check to nozzle and acap to see if they are worn. My airbrush was blowing back into the bottle. Like you took everything apart and cleaned it, checked needleand it was fine. I wasn't sure if it was the nozzle and cap or not but ordered them anyways. It was, the gun works brilliantly now. Just to add i've had mine 3 1/2 years now.

When you say you clean it regularly to what extent...do you strip it right down to it's component parts every day?? or do you mean you wash it through and just give it a good wipe.
If you havent striped it right down it could well be getting cloged due to the build up of congeled DHA after so many years of liquid going through it.
NailFX (Jen) has kindly done a video which you can find under the search option if you need some direction on how to strip it right down.

Now if you are stripping it right down every day sort of thing that is probably to often and you could have bent or worn the pin by doing this to often for to long now.
I suspect it's one of either of these two options thats causing the problem.
If you need a replacement pin or any component parts simply contact your service provider who should be able to supply you with a replacement.
Good luck

Thanks, I think it's most likely to be the needle so I'll get a new one and see if that makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back