Are eyelash extensions a popular treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
i want to do mobile work but ive figured it wont be easy doing other treatments because i dont drive e.g. carrying wax heaters but is eyelashes a good treatment to do mobile?? advice please on everything to do with eyelashes....

I would think the long term situation would impact on your own health meaning as a therapist you need to take great care ergonomically.
Once off is fine but every day could lead to eye issues without having proper salon lighting and also back and neck issues without the correct bed height or chair .

I did this a few times and my neck did suffer as a result. When we young we don't think it impacts our lives untill you get older then all the silly things we did to ourselves comes back to smack us!

I know a lot of girls who do it mobile and it is a very popular treatment. You need a portable bed and then your stool and then a good light.
Glamcor is the best lights to have. They are a bit pricey but they are so bright so you can see every lash. They do a mono lamp which is a bit cheaper and a good option for mobile.
Lash extensions take a while to learn though so you won't do training and then be able to do lashes straight away. It takes a lot of practice but it is very popular so worth doing. Just make sure you get good training to start with. I see you are in London. London Lash Pro are a very good company to train with x

I also thought about doing lashes extensions mobile thinking I'd be more likely to get business as they don't have to come to me. However, the environment that the treatment is done in really makes a difference to the outcome and how long the lashes last. For example, if their house is too dry and hot the glue may not set making it difficult to make a bond. Or if the room is too humid the glue will cure too fast and make brittle bonds, this means they won't last very long. With mobile you can't control their house, unless you took a fan, humidifier and dehumidifier with you. You could do the treatment at home, that way you keep costs low as you don't need to pay rent in a salon? People will come to you if you are active in promoting your business online and use introductory offers?
I've been researching for the best training too. I was going to go with Nouveau lashes as they're more brand name but after looking at and messaging a few local places too, Im going to go with Flirties. Their training seems quite affordable and the starter kit is quite full compared to some. I've read through lots of posts and their name seemed to come up the most and were always highly recommended. They have trainers all over the country. You can search on their website for your closest trainer. You can also go on @flirtiestraining on Instagram and they post about their training and trainers so you could find someone off there. Good luck!!

Thanks for the replies ladies. I definately want to do mobile work locally to where I live. As I don't drive etc. Does anyone know the best glue to use that lasts long but is also good for sensitive clients?? I will defo check out nouveau lashes! How much should I charge in London for MINK OR real hair individual lashes???????????????????

Latest posts

Back