Are Gels as strong as L&P..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya x

Been thinking about this for a while now...nothing to do with brand or company...Are gels really as strong as L&P...whats your experiences with both...which works best for you and your clients....which have you found last longer and withstand more. Is there any evidence that proves one way or another. I really want to hear your honest opinions on this...:cool:

thanks geeks xxx

As you know i would say i find l+p stronger.....so am i doing something wrong?

I ve tried LCN and Brisa in hard gels btw

Looking forward to the honest replies!!!

Amb x

well i'm not a gel technician so maybe my opinions won't count too much but i have myself had tips with gel and tips with L&P.I've also had a natural nail overlay in both.Now maybe i'm really heavy handed but i only have to look at my gel nails and they break.Where as L&p..never had a problem.Never get a break or lifting come to think of it.Maybe gel just wasn't for me!??!!

i use gel soley...and most of my clients come back to me after 2/3 weeks for refills with all or almost all nails in tact and rarely any lifting and they are from all walks of life, however some girls have come to me and after a week they have lots of breakages, like someone said...gels isnt for everyone and as i dont know much about l&p apart from once gettin a set, i cant comment all that well which is stronger, but at a guess id say l&p. i also love the look of l&p it's more defined and crisper, but i like the natural look of gel also...it's reallly each to their own i think...

why is it whatever you wear yourself - u rarely have prolems with - but on clients its another matter?

i really dont want to do l+p i much prefer to and feel more confident using gel

But this strength thing is so frustrating.

What gel do u use wendyrose?

hiya...i use ibd, but im on the look out for something else, your thread on the super gel sounds ideal..lol iv tried brisa but because im not creative trained i dont think im using it right...iv enquired about a brisa converter one day training course and was goin to do it untill my bf found out..lol apparently i 'waste' so much money on nails....so it's ibd for now!

I trained in gel lcn love working with it for tip and overlay sculpture but diddent last on myself or clients for 2 mins i diddent even know they fallen of half the time.Converted to l/p and now do tip&DIP and find them much stronger.Saying that i was quite inexperienced so maybe it was me but would love to try gel again(one that dosent burn) So any one recomend a good one self leveling soak of gel

hiya kay,

wat gel burns?

tip n dips cool - nice and strong - but i dont feel you get the BEST results with it.....and i always feel a bit of an amature using it? DOnt know why !!

amb x

star nails structure gel and lcn not as bad though but star nails i took back used it on myself and it was like i had my fingers on a red hot radiator done 2 clients with it and had 2 bottles of wine by the time i finished to numb the pain lol

wow, thats incredible, iv always been thaught that no part of having enhancements applied or removed should be painful or uncomfortable in anyway...anyone else find that gels burn?

i think there strong look good whats the problem they work for me.Saying that i think it does hold you back if you want to work in a salon did do l/p but i found it a lot of piddiling about and get good results what i do

yep

Bio s gel burns if applied to thick, and i have battered nail plates which doesnt help !!!

Its not really a problem u just remove your hand from the lamp then put it back in a few secs later.

Can b uncomfortable and i really WISH it wouldnt happen !!

amb x

star nails kept burning as soon as it went in lamp and carried on when you took it out wasent thick either

i use bio sculpture and i love it, but i do find it burns if the clients nails are thin or they have pulled previous enhancements off and damaged their nail plate.

i use creative l&p and do think this is stronger but like a few of you have said, it depends soley on the person

for example, i have a client that horse rides. she has had both and l&p are off within a week. gels tend to be more flexible and she finds shes more suited to this, so strength isnt always the key-its the activity and shape thats also important.

lou x

looby4444 said:
i use bio sculpture and i love it, but i do find it burns if the clients nails are thin or they have pulled previous enhancements off and damaged their nail plate.

i use creative l&p and do think this is stronger but like a few of you have said, it depends soley on the person

for example, i have a client that horse rides. she has had both and l&p are off within a week. gels tend to be more flexible and she finds shes more suited to this, so strength isnt always the key-its the activity and shape thats also important.

lou x

i have a client coming on saturday for tips with coloured biosculpture which i normally would NEVER DO !!! (becuase of probs in the past)

BUt i am going to RISK IT.....with the s gel....can you tell me your application with bio OVER TIPS that works no probs - she is going on hols for 2 weeks and i DONT WANT them to break on her:o

thanks in advance

amb x

I do think with the new generation of builder gels, Thats these are very strong and very much like wearing an L&P enhancement.
So in my opinion neither is stronger than the other.

MINKUS said:
i have a client coming on saturday for tips with coloured biosculpture which i normally would NEVER DO !!! (becuase of probs in the past)

BUt i am going to RISK IT.....with the s gel....can you tell me your application with bio OVER TIPS that works no probs - she is going on hols for 2 weeks and i DONT WANT them to break on her:o

thanks in advance

amb x

Well i have to admit-i dont really use coloured gels-unless its french pink or they really want colour on toes-i fond it hard too.

but what i would say is, adhere tip and blend, one coat of clear gel and build c -curve, cure, two coats of colour and then if they dont look too bulky one of clear, but this depends on how thick they are.

then two coats of clear top coat.

this is with bio gel-ive never used s-gel but im thinking its similar stuff?

anyways hope this helps, like i say i dont use colour often but i would do it this way.

HTH

lou x

how do u guys build ur c curve?

Latest posts

Back