Are Gels as strong as L&P..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen up ladies!! :)

It really is not a matter of opinion ... it is a matter of fact.

IF for instance, Brisa Gel is applied in the same thickness as say Retention+ liquid and powder, the strength is the same. It has been tested.

Trouble is, that many of you do not apply gel in as balanced a way as L&P and also you work much thinner with your gel than L&P so naturally the gel is not as strong ... BUT built in the same way and the same thickness (with CND anyway) they are as strong as each other.

Can't speak for other gels as the technology for other gels is different than with Brisa (which is Retention+ in a gel format). Brisa gels are the only gels that have this type of formulation.

I find that the are both much alike. I use Brisa and CND L&P and have had clients that don'tloseany and then there are those that do. I dont think in this case it is the product, it is either my application (in the case of gel where i need to make sure i have given itstrength) or the clients themselves. Both need to be balanced, and for me i find it easier to balance l&p than gel.

ok....perhaps even MORE training is on the cards for me then becuase i am still STRUGGLING with ANY brand of gel over tips:o .

AMb x

the trick (as i found out yesterday) is to apply enough gel to make the apex properly, i've caught mine a few times today and not one breakage (i'm expecting one now i've weakened them though), they used to break when i was practising before my training because i was working too thin.

gel is just as strong as l&p i find. i had worn L&P for years and tried gel about 4 years ago now and love it. i wear my enhancements very long (i only cut the numbers off my tips) and hardly break them, infact some are my own nails with gel on them. As Gigi states, as long as you build the same as you would L&P, its as strong. it took a while to learn to apply gels coming from L&P but got there in the end. now i enjoy doing both.
i have used many brands of gels but have to say the best so far is Brisa, and i prefer the soft gels, its just lovely to sculpt with!!

geeg said:
Listen up ladies!! :)

It really is not a matter of opinion ... it is a matter of fact.

IF for instance, Brisa Gel is applied in the same thickness as say Retention+ liquid and powder, the strength is the same. It has been tested.

Trouble is, that many of you do not apply gel in as balanced a way as L&P and also you work much thinner with your gel than L&P so naturally the gel is not as strong ... BUT built in the same way and the same thickness (with CND anyway) they are as strong as each other.

Can't speak for other gels as the technology for other gels is different than with Brisa (which is Retention+ in a gel format). Brisa gels are the only gels that have this type of formulation.

i find this is my problem - i just cant seem to build my gels up as much as l + p - on clients anyways - but when i do them on myself, they are fine, maybe its cos i work cock handed when doing them on myself. i also find that i dont seem to work thick enough at the smile line (side walls) on clients either, but im sure ill get there. thankfully my gel clients are not heavy handed, so this helps too

I find Brisa gel stronger than L&P - think this says more about me than the products though. I just couldnt grasp L&P and the few folk I did had constant breakage/ lifting problems. 4 years later did Brisa conversion and most folk make it to fills without a breakage and no lifting.

Thanks for all the replies..x Thing is i know i am building the apex fine...i don't do them too thin..i use the pink as my clients prefer the pink gel...and you can actually see that its built up cos the apex is a darker shade of pink (cos its thicker) than zone 3 (where its thinner) ...i don't like that the pink is darker at zone 2 than zone 3 cos it gives the nails a sort of color fade look...so all i can think of of is to build with my clear then do the pink. Also the thicker you build the apex the worse the sting under the lamp...so maybe i should build in layers to prevent this...but then you are doubling up your time.

The nails arnt long...tips sized and fitted correctly...apex built up...what else can i do, i cant keep saying its the clients cos they have to work, they have chores to do, i cant expect them to sit with there hands on there laps and do nothing (although it would be nice). x

Angie, if you are worried about the heat spike, you can do it in two layers easily. Just apply your first layer and then lock cure, and then apply your second layer and full cure. It'll just take a few more minutes once you have the hang of it. HTH

Minkus have you tried the S gel from Bio Sculpture, Ive had it on my nails and found it very similar to l&p in relation to strength?

yep have tried s gel and have to say not OVERLY impressed.

It can be lumpy and gives off wicked heat spikes (so again moving up a couple of posts....2/3 thin layers..not on BUILDER layer....STILL dont trust it over tips !

AMb x

Latest posts

Back