Are these your nail pics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
There's a fairly new seller on Ebay who is using other people's nail pics to sell her (rather dodgy sounding) 'Acrylic/Gel Instructions' on CD. She's already used one of mine and one from Absolutely Fabulous' Gallery to 'assist' her sales, now's she's using one of Leighton's (I don't know how to contact him, there's no email on his website, if anyone can get in touch, tell him it's item number: 5609557468 on Ebay and it's his very distinctive holographic silver nails pic being used) and there's another pic she's using - if you want to check if it's one of yours, here's the item no: 5609025761.

I contacted Ebay but the listing was ending in 22 hours and that was over a weekend, my friend who works in Ebay has told me the woman has been given a warning for using my pic, so if you don't fancy her using yours either - report if you see one on her listings! I sent her a message but got no reply.

She goes by the name of 'horseylady7' - so watch out for your pics!

Jackie

Hi Jackie send Leighton an email, so lets see what happens next ......lol and no the other one is not my work lol...............but thanks for being on the ball babe xxxx

i just had a look at this and there is only one pic on there, cant see any of leightons

Hi Ruth,

I can only see one pic as well ......

River

I have never really got the e-bay thing...I never buy or sell or even surf in it......and having seen this I am not tempted....Will people really buy this CD rom.?..
I wonder who it is really compiled it as this seller doesn't even give any backgound info regards her industry experience or what qualifications she has.......I suspect she has even blagged a training CD rom from a nail company and copied it and is now trying to make a quick buck!!
and to use other peoples work to make it look good ( and the pics are the only good thing) and recommend undercutting your opposition.....jeesh...my blood pressure !!!

Hey geeks is it really that easy?....buy a cd watch it and go out and make your fortune?..............

All the hard work ....the courses....the study.......Did I really not have to bother!!!!!

I dont really know much about Ebay myself, but one thing everyone should watch out for is the persons rep score in brackets. This 'lady' has a score of 30 which is quite low, and when you go into her details a little deeper you'll notice that most of her 30 points came as a result of her making purchases from someone else.

The reason that this is significant is that if a person gets banned by Ebay, they have to start up again using a different name, etc. Obviously, they'll have no rep points to start off with, so it's a good indication to ebay noobies to be ultra cautious with low rep sellers.

Of course that's not an issue here. If she cant even do a few nails herself to promote her copied CD's, she's obviously not up to much, is she?

Bottom line? Mark your pictures as your own, it wont protect you against theft, but at least everyone here can keep an eye out for one another and inform someone if their pics are being used without their consent. If you wish to mark your pics yourself, here's a step by step tutorial to assist you http://www.thenaildirectory.com/marking-your-pictures.html

Hi geeks,
Just had a reply form Leighton and he has got his Maketing team onto it..............so no doubt this will be sorted.......
a6_2.JPG

this is the picture in question...............
http://i2.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/cc/e7/a6_2.JPG

Cor no wonder she wanted to use it very bling bling .
x

I so love that pic <sigh>

I asked her about the picture and blimey the reply was a torrent of abuse. When I looked her feedback was only 7........ perhaps I have the wrong ebayer :o although that is the correct picture.

Trilite Girl said:
I asked her about the picture and blimey the reply was a torrent of abuse. When I looked her feedback was only 7........ perhaps I have the wrong ebayer :o although that is the correct picture.

Just realised the 7 is in her username... I should have had a lay in :irked:

Trilite Girl said:

Looks like you hit a raw nerve there then!

she obviously doesn't like being found out... probably fed up with having to get a new user name everytime she gets a ban for stealing other peoples pics.
well... serve her right !!!

If you click on her 30 feed back score and then the item number you can see what els she has sold.
Its interesting to see what she has brought.

wowser, i recognise the nails in the second link... i'm sure i've seen them in the gallery on here.
the other ones are watermarked 'absolutely fabulous', would they be EZFlow Carolines?

ValencianNails said:
well...
it took a while, and I must have too much time on my hands BUT I FOUND THE NAILS, they're JackieMc's, I knew I'd seen them before.
Yeah Sandi....Jackie did say that this woman had used her pic as well as Ab Fabs.
The pic in question now is the one with the drink in hand.
I think Ive seen that on someones webbie on a link from here but cant remebember whose.
Hopefully someone will recognise it, in the meantime this person is free to carry on trading with it! :irked:

thieving little swine !!!!

Glorsclaws said:
Yeah Sandi....Jackie did say that this woman had used her pic as well as Ab Fabs.
hmm i need those glasses again lmao
why oh why didn't i read the post properly? :o

Latest posts

Back