Are things a tad on the slow side where u r ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
Up until about 3 weeks ago i was totally rushed off my feet...
the last 2 - 3 weeks have seen a noticeable decline in bookings.
I am still fairly busy with regulars but just wondered how other salons are keeping now the summer seems to have ended !
R u thinking of doing any promotions or waiting for the xmas rush ??
I've already got a fair few bookings for December and don't want to shoot myself in the foot by offering promotions then to be busy regardless.
It's my first autumn/ winter in my salon and i'm just considering my options.
Any help / comments will be gratefully received
MWAH !
xxx

There have been a couple of other posts about this recently in the last week or so. I think many peopl are experiencing a slow down now that Autumn is hitting us. I am advertized in the pay section of yell.com and have noticed a decline in phone calls. Don't take it personally. This is my first Autumn too and it seems to be accross the board.

I am mobile , but I sometimes offer promotions when things are slow/ get new customers in. offer £5.00 off their first appointment or offer discount if they book a few in advance - not much but enough to encourage them to come back.

I also deilver leaflets around my area or try a new area I have not delivered to before - works for me!

Debsidoo99 said:
Up until about 3 weeks ago i was totally rushed off my feet...
the last 2 - 3 weeks have seen a noticeable decline in bookings.
I am still fairly busy with regulars but just wondered how other salons are keeping now the summer seems to have ended !
R u thinking of doing any promotions or waiting for the xmas rush ??
I've already got a fair few bookings for December and don't want to shoot myself in the foot by offering promotions then to be busy regardless.
It's my first autumn/ winter in my salon and i'm just considering my options.
Any help / comments will be gratefully received
MWAH !
xxx

Hi,
this is traditionally a slow time of the year ....I usually found that after the holiday weekend we have here in Glasgow at the end of September things start to go quiet.....in that new clients are not forthcoming....
and you really rely on your regulars....
It is difficult in the first year of business as you may not have a big enough client list of regulars to keep you going...but this will come...
I always made sure my regulars got their Christmas appointments in my book about Sept/October to make sure that they got priority...
as come November you get all the new clients phoning for their Christmas appointments and you will be working all the hours to fit them in....
but you need to make sure your regulars who are your bread and butter are not neglected!!......and put aside some of the fortune you make over Christmas to tide you over for the other traditional slow spell in Feb/March!!....although I am sure a fair percentage of your Christmas new clients will become regulars. HTH

This is the start of the quiet times, you shouldnt offer a money off discount but spend time on your promotion.

This is the time to contact all summer clients or all your clients and give something back to them, I did a newsletter last year saying how well the summer went, introduce a new treatment or revive an old one, offer them something with their treatment free toe art with pedi?, and of course let them know all about xmas! Xmas party nails & feet, Xmas week bookings and Xmas gift vouchers!

Hold a client party - a good time for martini's & manicures, also branch out into something different - kids parties, kids cant get on the ole bouncin castle in the winter so how bout a party with a twist?

Is that enough?

I used to work for Marks and Spencer and offered £5 off a full set for staff, i still do although I quit my job. Also there's a new House of Frazer opening where i live and I know the store manager so I'm going to offer the same for their staff too as there will be lots of staff parties coming up.

Cobweb x x x

hi, i am sooo glad i am not the only one that is quiet ! I really thought i had done something wrong after the last few weeks i couldnt get another client ,even if it was sideways !! , and now....! so i couldnt sit mopping so i set to the task of christmas and have made up a few filled bags of goodies and moved a few things around in my salon gave it all a through spring ( sorry, autumn !) clean so when they all start flocking thru the doors im ready for them ! lets hope it not too long for all of us techy's

abi xx

Latest posts

Back