Artistic Colour Gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syvanna

Esthetician
Reaction score
I have recently purchased Artistic Colour Gloss gel polish. I really like the product so far, but I'm having issues with shrinkage. On the videos it shows to dry brush the bonding layer before colour, but when I did the shrinkage was so bad I was curing each finger one by one and still the results weren't great. Please help me with any suggestions you have about application.

Make sure you shake the bottles very well. Some colours are worse than others.
The dry brushing doesn't make shrinkage worse it should help in fact.
Make sure you are doing very thin coats and try flash curing each finger for 10 seconds then before moving onto the next and finally do your full cure.
Are you using an led or uv light?

I have recently purchased Artistic Colour Gloss gel polish. I really like the product so far, but I'm having issues with shrinkage. On the videos it shows to dry brush the bonding layer before colour, but when I did the shrinkage was so bad I was curing each finger one by one and still the results weren't great. Please help me with any suggestions you have about application.
You shouldn't be having that much trouble with shrinkage that you have to flash cure. Are you applying the base coat well enough ? As I know sometimes if I have missed an area or not got full coverage then it causes the colour coat to shrink and not cure on those areas

I'm using and uv light. Honestly I don't shake the bottles at all so that could be a big part of my problem, thanks for the suggestion! And I will try and make sure I am spreading my base coat close enough to the cuticle. Can't wait to give these ideas a try and see if it helps!

I use my CND uv lamp and have no issues if I do it's down to my base coat! I roll the bottles in my hand. Let us know how you get on!

That sounds like a base coat issue.if ur tryimg to apply it really thin then ur prob not getting the base coat aroynd tge edges.It could apso be an issye that iccurs with cetain colours.acg precious is a nightmare and shrinks like crazy.but dry brushing base coat and applying three or four layers and it looks great.

Are you still getting shrinkage with your ACG

Hey, I've found that shrinkage can occur when the base coat is applied too thickly. I would suggest trying to apply a thinner base coat layer. I also find ACG works best when I build very thin layers - I sometimes apply 3 coats of colour when using very thin layers and I don't have any problems with shrinkage.
Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back