Asian skin, spray tanning and stretch marks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Hi

I have had a query from an asian lady asking if a spray tan would cover her stretch marks.

My immediate thought is no, but just wondering what my fellow geeks thought...

Becki xxx

It would depend on the colour of her skin and stretchmarks.

Like caucasion skin, asian skin has many different shades and tones.

I have spray tanned black skin before and the girls acheived a bronzer colour to their skin.

Like anyone you never know the results with any particular colour until you try it!

As for covering the stretch marks a tan can help disguise them. Offer to do her a trial for say £5 on the area of her stretch marks to see the reults and see if this will disguise it as much as she wants.

If she isnt currently a client she will appreciate this as it will save her paying for a full tan and if it dosnt work then she may come back for other treatments.

If you have 3 different shades of tan then do 3 patches and write on her record which patch was which tan.

If she still wants coverage - say for a holiday or to wear clothes that reveal her tummy then suggest coverderm cosmetics, they are easily applied and waterproof and another alternative to tanning.

Let us know how you get on.

Kate

Forgive me,i'm not a skin geek,however :lol: my stomach appears much smoother and less obvoiusly marked when i use tanners hth's

It would probably help to tone them down. I have a client with very bad vitiligo and was worried that the tan would go orange on the non pigmented areas, so we just did a free patch test on an area to see how it went. It was great, didn't have a totally even coverage but it really toned down the difference between the two skin tones and she was so happy and has had two tans since then. So just patch test and see how it goes. She'll really thank you for it, it's up to you if you want to make a minimal charge.

Hey

Thanks for all your help geeks. I emailed her back and offered to do an area for 5 pounds and she said she'd get in touch when she gets back from uni!

Thanks again,

Becki xxx

Latest posts

Back