Babyboomer/Ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shauna06

Reaction score
Has anyone done this with gel polish? I tried it last night on my own nail using the brush technique but wasn't happy with it at all, I took it back off. Is the sponge method any good? It looked more like I was just taking all the polish off rather than blending it together lol

Has anyone done this with gel polish? I tried it last night on my own nail using the brush technique but wasn't happy with it at all, I took it back off. Is the sponge method any good? It looked more like I was just taking all the polish off rather than blending it together lol

I find it tricky with gel polish if the colours are very pigmented to blend them together. Another thing you can try is putting your pink/nude base down, curing, then apply clear top coat 2/3 down the nail (or how far you want it), and then take your white and apply it to the tip and push it slightly into the clear topcoat. Then take your ombre brush and blend them side to side. I have done this a couple times with strong colors (but never pink/white), I will see if I find a picture for reference. Babyboomer's easier to achieve with pink and white in hard gels though, if you do gel extensions. :)

PS: I found photos of nails i did with both tecnhiques. Hard gel fade (pink and white) and Gel polish fade (colourful). Will try to attach the photos..

Attachments

• IMG_9647.JPG
    IMG_9647.JPG
    695.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9525.JPG
    IMG_9525.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 31355347_630910443927933_4982971175069024256_n.jpg
    31355347_630910443927933_4982971175069024256_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 108
The lecente pink and white ombré powders make life much easier to create this look

I find it tricky with gel polish if the colours are very pigmented to blend them together. Another thing you can try is putting your pink/nude base down, curing, then apply clear top coat 2/3 down the nail (or how far you want it), and then take your white and apply it to the tip and push it slightly into the clear topcoat. Then take your ombre brush and blend them side to side. I have done this a couple times with strong colors (but never pink/white), I will see if I find a picture for reference. Babyboomer's easier to achieve with pink and white in hard gels though, if you do gel extensions. :)

PS: I found photos of nails i did with both tecnhiques. Hard gel fade (pink and white) and Gel polish fade (colourful). Will try to attach the photos..
What us us your technique with hard gels...there fab

What us us your technique with hard gels...there fab

Thank you, so sweet of you. :) When I do babyboomer with hard gels, (I use cnd brisa) I mix white and clear builder gel together, to a milky consistency. Then I use that on the tip, making sure it's the thickness I wish the tip to be. Try to blend a tiny bit upwards. The blend doesnt need to be perfect. Then cure. Then I use a pink hard gel, and build the nail as normal with apex and all, and brush it carefully over the white. When I file, I file off the tiny bit of pink that I brushed over the white, and the result should be babyboomer. ;) May require some trial and error on a practice hand though. I did a new babyboomer set the other day (pictured), and used a stronger pink this time (by mixing brisa neutral pink hard gel with a tiny drop of CND Creative Play flamingo gel colour). I find when I use a more pigmented pink hard gel on top, it is easier to get a fade effect going. Let me know how you get on ^_^

Attachments

• 32235534_10160319845980134_2865128633977012224_n (1).jpg
    32235534_10160319845980134_2865128633977012224_n (1).jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 54

Latest posts

Back