Babyliss duo wax heater issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSlim

Reaction score
As the title says, I've had the Babyliss Pro duo wax heater for a couple of months now and I'm finding temp control an absolute nightmare!!
I have Perron Rigot hot wax in one and wax master cream wax in the other.. I had my hot wax on number 4 the first time I used it (numbers from 1-10) hot wax felt the right consistency so tested on my arm, oh my god! It was boiling hot, only had it on for around 10-15 mins.. Same issue with the cream wax, I can't even have it on 1 all day so it's always just nice and warm if it's on 1 for more than 30 mins it's boiling too! Surely this isn't right? I've been waxing for years and never had an issue like this.. Does anybody else have problems with this heater?

Hi.
If you search Babyliss on here you will find a few threads about this heater including my contribution!
I too purchased one, and found that even on the lowest setting, the wax was at burning point. I sent it back to my supplier who stated they would not refund but send it off to Babyliss for testing. After numerous calls from me as the weeks went by, I was finally told there was nothing wrong with it and they sent it back to me!! I tried it again and still boiling hot. Rang the supplier and they said I could send it back to them but they would still not replace it, simply send it off to Babyliss. I could not be without a heater again as I have to have two on the go, so I cut my losses and purchased another Hive heater.
Hope you have better luck!

Hi.
If you search Babyliss on here you will find a few threads about this heater including my contribution!
I too purchased one, and found that even on the lowest setting, the wax was at burning point. I sent it back to my supplier who stated they would not refund but send it off to Babyliss for testing. After numerous calls from me as the weeks went by, I was finally told there was nothing wrong with it and they sent it back to me!! I tried it again and still boiling hot. Rang the supplier and they said I could send it back to them but they would still not replace it, simply send it off to Babyliss. I could not be without a heater again as I have to have two on the go, so I cut my losses and purchased another Hive heater.
Hope you have better luck!

Oh gosh what a nightmare!!
I only went with Bayliss again because I had their single wax pot heater which was great.
How frustrating that they wouldn't do anything for you, disgusting!

Iv got the exact problem, it's fine for my warm wax but only on number 1, but my hot wax is too hot even on number 1! Would dread to think how hot it would be anymore than number 1!

I have a satin smooth one and find the same issue. I have to keep the nobs at the lowest temp possible (one). The strip cream wax is fine, perfect consistency and temp. But the hard wax? Even at one it is too hot. I've had to turn the whole pot off right before I start to let it cool down a bit, then switch it back on when it starts to become too thick. It's a nightmare but I can't risk it being too hot on clients, especially with bikini waxes! I've ended up bringing my own pot from home in (I work in a hair salon) to use with the hard wax and keep the duo heater for two pots of strip.

Mine was the same shocking control of temp get rid hun xxx

I don't think hot wax does very well at all in a 500 cc heater.
I find once my hot wax gets down to below half way in my hive 1000 it needs topping up otherwise it starts to get temperamental temperature wise.

Latest posts

Back