Back, sack and crack ! Help !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your input x I don't have an issue with men - I do have male clients ( most are husbands , friends ect) if one of those people approached me and I was trained I would do it x I think its the way my employer is approaching this that's upsetting me - if we are to attract more male clients than it has to be I'n a professional capacity and not on nights out as she is suggesting xxx and Kim you will be the first I approach for training x thank you all for your advice xxxxx

I say this to Claire and every other therapist. NOBODY should be made to do Intimate waxing on male or female clients if they don't want to. However, times have changed and you should expect to be asked at an interview is you are willing to do it; and indeed YOU should ask at an interview if you would be expected to do it. If you're applying for a new job, you need to understand that it's highly likely to be expected of you. xx

Thank you all for your input x I don't have an issue with men - I do have male clients ( most are husbands , friends ect) if one of those people approached me and I was trained I would do it x I think its the way my employer is approaching this that's upsetting me - if we are to attract more male clients than it has to be I'n a professional capacity and not on nights out as she is suggesting xxx and Kim you will be the first I approach for training x thank you all for your advice xxxxx

If you have a read of your other posts initially you will see why we reacted like that, it was very derogatory towards men, there were no two ways about it. Anyway, issue solved, you will always get some people who do not want to go anywhere near pubic hair (men or women) or those who do not want to touch people's feet, that is your decision, but respect is needed.

There is one geek who has posted on here and seems to have had an awful experience although that is probably and hopefully in the minority. I too, like Angelina, love male clients, women can be so........... hmmmm sometimes. I don't treat them any different but I do have to take a deep breath every now and again. For example:-

client phoned today wanting appointment and treatment same day, it was on an offer day so routinely we take deposits to secure appointment. She gave her card details but then protested when I started to do a consultation to be able to prescribe the botox. She kicked off horrendously as she wasn't happy about giving me her postcode (but she had just given me her card details, security code, date of birth and first part of her address plus her full medical history!). 17 minutes later and after her questioning as to why I need a prescription for botox among other things she happily gave me her post code.

The thing I had to explain to her was that if she came and didn't want the treatment I would be out of profit by £100!

Next phone call, a guy, yeah no problem love, all details given, consultation paid for, appointment booked all in 5 mins tops.

guys lovely, girls lovely but more of my female clients have the ability to be a little irked at times it seems.

hi my employer wants me to provide this service although i havent had any training in this specific area ( iv done hot wax thou!) am i right in thinking (hoping) i wouldnt be covered on my insurance ? - when i joined the company it wasnt part of the job so im reluctant to take on this service as im worried as to the type of clients it may attract . ( my employer wants to put an add in local newspaper personal adds section !!!!). :eek:

If you have a read of your other posts initially you will see why we reacted like that, it was very derogatory towards men, there were no two ways about it.

I would suggest that the OP was concerned that she does not have the necessary training and that her employer plans to promote the service in an inappropriate manner. She later went on to clarify her position further by saying that she has no problem performing the service providing she is properly trained. I saw no insult to male clients.

Last edited:
It would seem that the OP has an instinct about her employer, based on her/his totally inappropriate marketing of the service in personal ads (!) , a disregard for the therapist's training and experience and her impression that all that matters is profit. In other words that this service may be conveyed to potential clients as being more than a professional salon treatment.She is right to be wary and should trust her instincts.....this is nothing to do with being anti-male treatments, which I encourage and applaud.

so im reluctant to take on this service as im worried as to the type of clients it may attract :eek:

i feel like there trying to turn the salon into some seedy joint

Silverbird, how is this not an insult to male clients when it refers to worrying about attracting a certain type of client and turning it into a seedy joint? Anyway, I am not turning this thread into a bit of a match, she has clarified her position saying she does not have a problem with men, i think it may have just been the treatment she didn't want to do but it came across very harsh and unnecessary.

It has been stated on here that you do not need anything more than a waxing qualification to do intimate waxing although you may wish to in such cases and you would be covered insurance wise. Being in business is all about making a profit and offering services where there is a need for it, this is a very popular treatment and shouldn't be frowned up however, a therapist can choose not to do it and if that is what this geek wants to do then she should refuse to do it.

There was no mention of it being advertised as something other than a professional service, maybe the employer doesn't know marketing, maybe they don't know how to advertise, maybe they (unfortunatley) see BSC waxing as a thing that men do for purely sexual purposes, maybe they think that if men think of it that way then the best way to advertise is in that section or that it would be the cheapest option (again a business decision that granted is not the best one).

I stand by what I said, the comments were as I saw them but it has been clarified. We should now change the subject.

Are there any other geeks who do male waxing, how do you advertise, is it as profitable as others think, how painful is it for the man, how do you put your client at ease if he is nervous?

Last edited:
The other thing you need to think about is clients going elsewhere.
I have a client who has an appointment for a full body wax every month.
Now when he first came to me he only booked for an intimate wax as he had had the rest done with another therapist. They didn't offer intimate waxing so he booked in with me for that. He now has the whole lot done with me as it's easier than to get everything done in one place at the same time.
If anyone doesn't feel comfortable doing it then you don't have to but you may end up losing clients to another salon.
I'd also just like to add that if a female client wanted a hollywood wax then you wouldn't bat an eyelid. Men are no different from women ( well only anatomically!)
I think a lot of people think it is an 18-30 market or gay market. Not so. Most of my clients are in their 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. Yes i have a couple of younger clients and a couple of gay clients but predominantly clients are Mr.Average and the main reason they have it done is to feel clean-the same as women. Clients who have this treatment are scrupulously clean and i've honestly never had a problem.
Smooth-yes it is a profitable service. I advertise on my website, pricelists and waxingformen. It's really not as painful as people think. I've waxed my husband and he says the crack is the most painful part and even that's not too bad (in the right hands of course!)
I put clients at ease by just being myself-lol
If you act professionally they will be put at ease. Use the correct terms for the body parts . If they get an erection (and a lot do) just ignore it as they are usually embarrassed enough about it. It's nothing sexual and it's completely involuntary. This is the question i get asked the most by guys 'What happens if i get an erection?'. They genuinely really worry about it. Just ignore it!
I've had guys that have been waxed at other places and the therapist has placed towels over them to cover the parts they're not waxing at that moment :eek: This makes the client feel more uncomfortable.
Just treat them as you would any other client-it's really not that difficult.

Last edited:
The other thing you need to think about is clients going elsewhere.
I have a client who has an appointment for a full body wax every month.
Now when he first came to me he only booked for an intimate wax as he had had the rest done with another therapist. They didn't offer intimate waxing so he booked in with me for that. He now has the whole lot done with me as it's easier than to get everything done in one place at the same time.
If anyone doesn't feel comfortable doing it then you don't have to but you may end up losing clients to another salon.
I'd also just like to add that if a female client wanted a hollywood wax then you wouldn't bat an eyelid. Men are no different from women ( well only anatomically!)
I think a lot of people think it is an 18-30 market or gay market. Not so. Most of my clients are in their 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. Yes i have a couple of younger clients and a couple of gay clients but predominantly clients are Mr.Average and the main reason they have it done is to feel clean-the same as women. Clients who have this treatment are scrupulously clean and i've honestly never had a problem.
Smooth-yes it is a profitable service. I advertise on my website, pricelists and waxingformen. It's really not as painful as people think. I've waxed my husband and he says the crack is the most painful part and even that's not too bad (in the right hands of course!)
I put clients at ease by just being myself-lol
If you act professionally they will be put at ease. Use the correct terms for the body parts . If they get an erection (and a lot do) just ignore it as they are usually embarrassed enough about it. It's nothing sexual and it's completely involuntary. This is the question i get asked the most by guys 'What happens if i get an erection?'. They genuinely really worry about it. Just ignore it!
I've had guys that have been waxed at other places and the therapist has placed towels over them to cover the parts they're not waxing at that moment :eek: This makes the client feel more uncomfortable.
Just treat them as you would any other client-it's really not that difficult.

Fab answer, hopefully this willl put other geeks at ease. x

@ Smooth. Taken in its entirety, I still do not see an insult in the first post. However, I accept that this is largely to do with the reader's interpretation. I think this shows how important it is to read and reread before posting in order to avoid possible misunderstandings.

I trained in male intimate waxing over a year ago and after 6 months of offering the service at my salon i withdrew it . I hated it. It made me feel cheap and sick to my stomach .I was charging £60 so good profit but it was absolutly not worth the distress. I do not want to wax a man with an erection ( and worse )and every single male client I waxed got an erection.not to mention the weirdos phoning my salon and offending my staff. I found this very offensive and my poor partner physically threw up when I told him how upsetting I was finding it.

Good God really!! Did they really Get erections?? I'm doing my training with Kim next month (and was) looking forward to it :cry:. I just thought this wouldn't happen what with the pain that's involved. Please someone tell me this doesn't happen:eek:

Good God really!! Did they really Get erections?? I'm doing my training with Kim next month (and was) looking forward to it :cry:. I just thought this wouldn't happen what with the pain that's involved. Please someone tell me this doesn't happen:eek:

Of course it does, its not because their turned on. Its the same with massage, its happens. I don't see the big deal with it, we've all seen one why make a big deal out of it (im not saying you are :) )
I also find male clients easier, they do tend to listen more, who wears the trouser huh hehe xx

Last edited:
@ Smooth. Taken in its entirety, I still do not see an insult in the first post. However, I accept that this is largely to do with the reader's interpretation. I think this shows how important it is to read and reread before posting in order to avoid possible misunderstandings.

It very much depends upon what you initally see or focus on. I can see the point about incorrect advertising methods, I've covered that, but I also saw the derogatory comment, I've covered that. So we'll have to agree to disagree here. Would like to get more positive views on male waxing though, there's been some very good points so far.

For the geeks who do this type of waxing, do you just ignore the erection or do you just laugh it off if the man mentions it? When we had a tutor coming in teaching some ex staff I had brazillian waxing, she said at one point "let's flip your flaps out" to the model :lol:

Of course it does, its not because their turned on. Its the same with massage, its happens. I don't see the big deal with it, we've all seen one why make a big deal out of it (I'm not saying you are :) )
I also find male clients easier, they do tend to listen more, who wears the trouser huh hehe xx

Well after talking with my husband about this he said
'I don't know why your worring you will be fine, you ignore mine often enough'
True.................I should be fine!!:lol:

Mwahahahaha!!!! Come into my den little one!

Seriously............they must seek out people who they know they can get away with it with. They wouldn't dare do anything inappropriate with me or they'll be singing soprano for the rest of their days.

I know I'm not as young and as beautiful as you girls but it's really nothing to do with that I promise you. xx

I am fairly sure that the majority of your male clients will get an erection during an intimate wax treatment. Not all do, but MANY do. There will also be leakage of body fluids and if you're really unlucky, well...it's not impossible for a client to ejaculate. (This has happened to me and I'm fairly sure it's happened to another geek who *may* come on to share their experience.)

However, I still treat men, I still like treating men and one of the reasons for that is that I am suited to treating men! Not everyone is, but I think it's only fair for you to know and understand what is possible.

Obviously I'm drop-dead fricking gorgeous:lol::lol::lol:

For anyone that needs this pointing out - that was a JOKE. Men get erections for all kinds of reasons and in the treatment room, it's not generally because they are aroused. It's far more likely to be nerves or simply a completely involuntary reaction. Usually they are extremely embarrassed, they don't think it's funny, they are willing it to go away!

My clients are not perverts and my salon is not seedy.

Hmm I have been following this thread and have loved it all....

I have had a very bad experience with a male client

It knocked my confidence for six for quite a while, flashbacks etc until i learned to put it behind me

This is one in a million chance and this particular gentleman was under a different illusion, he had been a regular client for a long time and also well known to my family....

My point is,despite the one in a million bad incidents that happen we can not generalise

I completely agree that if a women demanded a hollywood we would not bad an eyelid, regardless of their sexuality, age reasoning etc

I think it great that men now take pride in their nether regions, Jesus we have done it for long enough..

They too deserve to feel proud and comfotable in a salon

Men are not perverts becuse they want this treatment done, however I think that placing an ad in that part of the newspaper would bring the name of the salon as a whole down

remember that they are just humans with different equipment

Thats it

Simple as, stop thinking and thinking and thinking about it

Its just a willy!!!!

Hand on heart...........the majority of my clients do not get an erection, a small minority 'leak' and I've NEVER had anyone ejaculate. I swear to God, I'd tip him off the couch!!!!

Right! That's it............I'm booking myself into therapy now as I've developed an inferiority complex:)

Of course everyone's experiences are different and you can never predict what might happen; the same as you can't with any client, male or female.

Last edited:
I don't keep the exact figures but I think it's about 95% don't get full erections. Of the 5% who do, most of these go down right away. Some men do get somewhat erect - but note that I'm not using the word 'aroused'.

A small number of customers produce some seminal fluid probably naturally or due to nerves.

Involuntary ejaculations have happened to clients once or twice - but it's not 'cos I'm gorgeous Zo :eek: - it's just a physical reaction. Some guys are extremely sensitive. Both times I think it was due to the clippers.

Your training, confidence in your abilities and your life skills are key. It's just skin and hair at the end of the day. Not too much different to my Nan’s top lip really! :lol:

If a therapist is going to be offended by an erection then I would say, intimate male waxing is not for them. I think you have to be totally relaxed with the human body to offer this service. But I think Jason is right, 'it's just skin and hair' and Rockateer is also right, 'it's just a willy!' (that was sooooo funny!)

Well after talking with my husband about this he said
'I don't know why your worring you will be fine, you ignore mine often enough'
True.................I should be fine!!:lol:

ha ha ha ha ha brilliant!!

Latest posts

Back