Bad supermarket shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you could try a dry shampoo? :)
Pureology is really nice, but maybe Bain Divalent from Kerastase is a better option for now? It's for oily scalps and dry/sensitised ends x

Tried dry shampoo too and don't like it :( sometimes use it during the day.

Thanks I'll try that. Can you only get Kerastase from salons or can I get it from the wholesalers when I'm next in there? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What shampoo you using just now?
I was using the Aussie one, suitable for every day use, but I'm using Timotei at the moment :-/ xxx

Try a pro shampoo and try wash it every other day

As yuck as it sounds the natural oils are really good for your hair esp mid lengths and ends so try a natural bristle brush during the day to spread the oils from roots to ends
I know it sounds disgusting but your hair will be healthier for it

I use the goldwell rich repair ones after hating otc ones. The little retail bottles (I thjnk 250ml) lasted me about 6 months. I bought the massive ones for everyone at home to use. My hair has never felt healthier :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha nobody's stealing it as its kept in my drawer in my bedroom where nobody knows it is ;)

I always blot with a towel before applying conditioner but will try before applying shampoo also. Ill also try using a 10p size dollop instead. I've only got fine shoulder length hair. Coz I was getting through the bottles so fast that's what was putting me off if buying them but if I can make them last longer it will justify the price. Thanks for your advice x

Keep the water in it for shampoo, blot for conditioner.. What size bottle is it? Shoulder length fine hair def 10p size maybe even 5p you won't need much of the pro prods... Dependant on the range.

I'd try a new hiding place just in case lol.

I was using the Aussie one, suitable for every day use, but I'm using Timotei at the moment :-/ xxx

Heya glamour eyes, further up there is a note advising how non pro prods can make your hair dirtier faster too. It hasn't gone into depth though. However you need to break the cycle.

Every stand of hair has a sabatious (can't work out how it's spelt) which produces sebum 'grease' these are essential to your hair and scalp. However too much will make you appear greasy, when you wash, brush, touch, move your hair, the wind moves it etc, you are telling them to work, they are already in overdrive as they are replacing the oils you keep removing but on top of this you are massaging, brushing, drying, styling everyday which again is telling them to work. So they are in super overdrive.

Trick is, get a good pro shampoo specifically designed for your hair and hair needs... Speak to your stylist or describe your hair and we'll all suggest some to minimise the search for you... When you apply conditioner do you just dollop it on your head or keep to mid lengths and ends (pony tail section)? Do you do 2 washes still?

Let it go that extra day and for a short period of time, learn to like dry shampoo, most of the time it's in your hair how your hair looks greasy and most people would think its fine. But use the dry shampoo on day 2 day 3 wash again, if lathers dont bother with a 2nd its clean and small amount of conditioner on the ends again, it will take a couple months but eventually it will be fine for the 2 days, this is when you then train it to go 3.. I wash mine when it needs it, usually every 3-4 days, occasionally 2 days if I've been messing with it more.

Keep the water in it for shampoo, blot for conditioner.. What size bottle is it? Shoulder length fine hair def 10p size maybe even 5p you won't need much of the pro prods... Dependant on the range.

I'd try a new hiding place just in case lol.

It's the small osmo colour mission shampoo and conditioner I think it's 250mls. Will defo try using less, thanks :)

It's the small osmo colour mission shampoo and conditioner I think it's 250mls. Will defo try using less, thanks :)

I've never used osmo so can't comment on their quality for your hair, my faves are joico, matrix and redken (I think that's the spelling, used it once prefer joico) but they are my faves in the hairdressing world for quality and pricing.

Is your hairdressers salon an osmo only or maybe they have an alternate to try instead? But it should last longer than a month, a good 3-4 on your hair xx

I have very very thick, long, and naturally very dry frizzy hair; can someone give me some advise!?!? I have to use a LOT of conditioner, but I do not mind buying an expensive bottle!! I only wash my hair once a week (10 days even) as its sooo thick!! Please what's the best I can get?!

I have very very thick, long, and naturally very dry frizzy hair; can someone give me some advise!?!? I have to use a LOT of conditioner, but I do not mind buying an expensive bottle!! I only wash my hair once a week (10 days even) as its sooo thick!! Please what's the best I can get?!

I think the Oleo Relax from Kerastase is good for your hair. It's designed for dry and rebellious hair, and it really makes it smooth, soft, less frizzy and easier to manage. Really love this product for people with your type of hair.

Heya glamour eyes, further up there is a note advising how non pro prods can make your hair dirtier faster too. It hasn't gone into depth though. However you need to break the cycle.

Every stand of hair has a sabatious (can't work out how it's spelt) which produces sebum 'grease' these are essential to your hair and scalp. However too much will make you appear greasy, when you wash, brush, touch, move your hair, the wind moves it etc, you are telling them to work, they are already in overdrive as they are replacing the oils you keep removing but on top of this you are massaging, brushing, drying, styling everyday which again is telling them to work. So they are in super overdrive.

Trick is, get a good pro shampoo specifically designed for your hair and hair needs... Speak to your stylist or describe your hair and we'll all suggest some to minimise the search for you... When you apply conditioner do you just dollop it on your head or keep to mid lengths and ends (pony tail section)? Do you do 2 washes still?

Let it go that extra day and for a short period of time, learn to like dry shampoo, most of the time it's in your hair how your hair looks greasy and most people would think its fine. But use the dry shampoo on day 2 day 3 wash again, if lathers dont bother with a 2nd its clean and small amount of conditioner on the ends again, it will take a couple months but eventually it will be fine for the 2 days, this is when you then train it to go 3.. I wash mine when it needs it, usually every 3-4 days, occasionally 2 days if I've been messing with it more.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try my hardest to avoid washing daily but that will only happen on a Sunday I think :-/ the problem is, I work out every day so need to wash my hair after I've been sweating!

When I apply conditioner it's just to pony tail section.

I straighten my hair every day, I use Mark Hill heat protection. I have mid length dark hair with a full fringe. I get it cut regularly to try and get rid of the dry ends.

ANOTHER thing that I know makes my hair greasy is I have an awful habbit. I sit and play with my hair allll day. I hated it when I had it all cut off (was still really greasy) as I couldn't play with it :-/

Haha I'm a lost cause really lol. Xxx

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try my hardest to avoid washing daily but that will only happen on a Sunday I think :-/ the problem is, I work out every day so need to wash my hair after I've been sweating!

When I apply conditioner it's just to pony tail section.

I straighten my hair every day, I use Mark Hill heat protection. I have mid length dark hair with a full fringe. I get it cut regularly to try and get rid of the dry ends.

ANOTHER thing that I know makes my hair greasy is I have an awful habbit. I sit and play with my hair allll day. I hated it when I had it all cut off (was still really greasy) as I couldn't play with it :-/

Haha I'm a lost cause really lol. Xxx

I understand the working out... Daily may be a bit much but that's another topic lol. I was the same, just do a very light wash, freshen up if you may as your hair is clean, just smelly, so a freshen with a spot of shampoo and spot of conditioner to finish :)

That's what I used to do xx

Beauty geeks will get hair products at the suppliers at cost so it prob works out cheaper than OTC anyway
I like the osmo moisture shampoo, conditioner and treatment it's not expensive and it's a good range for clients that don't want to spend a fortune

I got some osmo on vat free day & my hair is soo much better! Really pleased I found this thread now I have lovely hair :) thank you!

I got some osmo on vat free day & my hair is soo much better! Really pleased I found this thread now I have lovely hair :) thank you!

Oh so glad you got some, if you didn't treat yourself to the treatment this time get it next time youl love it, add it in to your pamper yourself night, x

Oh so glad you got some, if you didn't treat yourself to the treatment this time get it next time youl love it, add it in to your pamper yourself night, x

What is the treatment?

What is the treatment?

It's a conditioning treatment that you use after shampoo and before conditioner but you leave it in for 10+ mins
And only used once a week (depending on hairs condition less or more frequent)

It will add moisture to coloured or heat treated hair

It's a conditioning treatment that you use after shampoo and before conditioner but you leave it in for 10+ mins
And only used once a week (depending on hairs condition less or more frequent)

It will add moisture to coloured or heat treated hair

What is it called? I've got osmo hair mask I had it in a goody bag from sallys never used it just been sat in a draw for a few months.

What is it called? I've got osmo hair mask I had it in a goody bag from sallys never used it just been sat in a draw for a few months.

Osmo intensive deep hair repair

They have recently brought out new ranges too not used them

Osmo intensive deep hair repair

They have recently brought out new ranges too not used them

I really rate Osmo, even after using it over a long period of time it still works just as well as the first time and their sulphate free shampoo has made my red stay in so much longer than other brands ever did

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm a nail geek so popped a question in the consumer forum regarding my high st shampoo carving my fingers up.

So, out of the professional brands mentioned on this thread are they all going to refrain from making the skin on my fingers peel? I really need to buy some this week, but really cannot keep throwing money away at this problem, so would really appreciate a recommendation.
Penners was kind enough to answer my plea on my thread and suggested that they had heard good things about Pureology, so any more thoughts on this brand or another for my particular problem?

Latest posts

Back