Beaus lines???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Hiya,

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on the following for me.

My Mum had a hip operation about 7 weeks ago and we had to take off her enhancements before hand. Anyway i took them off for her and her own nails were fine.

She wants me to put them back on again now, but when i looked at her nails last night, they've all got what look like beaus lines across them.

What do you reckon might of caused that to happen??

THE OPERATION AND ILL NESS COULD HAVE CAUSED THESE. Not got my book to hand but im sure somoelse will be able to tell you a bit more about this.

Yeah not got my book to hand at the mo (in fact i've never found it since i moved house last yr).

I did think it could be down to the operation, but if anyone else could shed more light on this that would be great.

Hi, I definitely think it will be down to the trauma of going through the operation...you should be able to tell by where these lines are....
I had a client who went in for a routine operation, (with lovely nails).....but it all went horribly wrong for her....she went through all sorts including her heart stopping twice and having to be resuscitated .....anyway 3 months later and she comes in for a manicure to cheer herself up...her nails are still reasonable but there are 2 definite lines next to each other about half way up her nails from the eponychium......HOW SPOOKY is that....you could tell that 3 months before she had been through some sort of shock or trauma!!
Apparently it doesn't even need to be a physical trauma that causes this....sometimes even being involved in a near miss car accident when you get a complete shock but aren't injured can cause this......ain't the human body a wonderful complex thing!

izzidoll said:
Hi, I definitely think it will be down to the trauma of going through the operation...you should be able to tell by where these lines are....
I had a client who went in for a routine operation, (with lovely nails).....but it all went horribly wrong for her....she went through all sorts including her heart stopping twice and having to be resuscitated .....anyway 3 months later and she comes in for a manicure to cheer herself up...her nails are still reasonable but there are 2 definite lines next to each other about half way up her nails from the eponychium......HOW SPOOKY is that....you could tell that 3 months before she had been through some sort of shock or trauma!!
Apparently it doesn't even need to be a physical trauma that causes this....sometimes even being involved in a near miss car accident when you get a complete shock but aren't injured can cause this......ain't the human body a wonderful complex thing!

Yeah it certainly is!!

They are about 1/3 of the way up (maybe a bit less), so i guess it the operation then. I'll tell her later - think she was a tad worried and i wasn't entirely sure the op was to blame.

I can set her mind at rest now.

Thanks a lot for the help guys

Latest posts

Back