Business name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamourEyes11

Reaction score
I will be starting up my business as a self employed Beauty therapist NVQ 3) in April!

I need a name that will be versatile! I am so useless at this kind of thing. Any ideas would be great!

My name is Rebecca (known as Becca or Bec) I will be offering all treatments, but my passion is tanning and waxing! However, I want something that's suitable if I ever expand in to other areas too!

I was going for GlamourEyes as I had trained in sp eyelash extensions and thought this would be my main business, however, I've decided I'm not a huge fan and don't want to focus on lashes!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks ladies and gents
:)
xxx

I will be starting up my business as a self employed Beauty therapist NVQ 3) in April!

I need a name that will be versatile! I am so useless at this kind of thing. Any ideas would be great!

My name is Rebecca (known as Becca or Bec) I will be offering all treatments, but my passion is tanning and waxing! However, I want something that's suitable if I ever expand in to other areas too!

I was going for GlamourEyes as I had trained in sp eyelash extensions and thought this would be my main business, however, I've decided I'm not a huge fan and don't want to focus on lashes!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks ladies and gents
:)
xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I am absolutely no good at names but I didn't want to read and run. I have very recently posted a few threads about trying to think of a business name and it took me ages to finally decide on one. Although I can't help you with a name I would definitely say that when you are brainstorming make sure you are checking the domain names are available if you intend on having a website.

I spent ages writing a list of possible names and when I'd finally narrowed it down to the final name I found out the domain name was taken so I was back to square one. After that I sat for hours on 123-reg.com typing in name ideas and if the domain wasn't available then I didn't put it on my list :biggrin: Finally I found a name I liked and the domain was available.

Hang in there because it will come to you. Also if you decide on words you like then type in 'other words for xxxxx' into google and that might give you some inspiration as well. For example if you like glamour then type other words for glamour into google and there will be loads of ideas xx

hi hun, its so difficult choosing a name, ive changed my mind a hundred times, all i knew was i wanted something different!!!

when i went to business link i had ideas that included the word glamour, they pointed out to me that when ppl are searching for you on the internet glamour is a word that could bring up all sorts of website if you get my meaning!!!

my name is suzanne and when i signed up for a hotmail acct years ago i was given one that started in SOUZ so thats what ive called myself, however cos my passion is nails i stayed with souz nail bar and am now going to add beauty to my treatment list!!!

anyway some ideas for u: Becks beauty,beccas beauty, you could go for a logo say BMB
Beccas
Mobile
Beauty

or whats your fav colour,animal,surname??

Becca's Beauty?
Becca's Beauties?
Beauty by Becca?

just had a thought, 2 BS back to back one turned the other way make a butterfly, maybe u could use that and have beccas beauty with the 2 bs making a butterfly and one of the words back to front???

with Be Beautiful as a slogan

When I came up with mine I brainstormed by theme....what did I want my salon to look like, well to start with I looked at my target market and what I wanted my brand to represent. I then wrote out everything I could think of linked to this idea and put them all on my fridge for a week and narrowed them down by throwing the sticky notes as I decided against them.

I think you have to think do I want a name or a brand... if you are serious about your business the answer will be the latter!! If you want a brand then your name needs to reflect this...what is your business about what differentiates you from beauty by ..... down the road etc etc.

Then its a case of perhaps researching your target market and coming up with a typical lifestyle profile....do a mood board or scrap book.

Where do they shop, what mags do they read cars they drive etc etc ... then think your brand nneds to encapsulate and appeal to this. What would stop this client in their tracks and make them take notice of your brand above others. People get so much 'noise' these days with emarketing, tv, radio, outdoor marketing...billboards buses etc etc!! Your brands needs to cut through the noise and stand out.

Once youve done a scrapbook or brainstorm it only takes one thing to inspire you and your brand will come together...its exciting!! Hope that helps some!? Let us know if you need any more hepl an dgood luck wiht your new venture x

Thanks so much for your helpful replies Geeks! I really appreciate you taking the time out to reply!

I will be going mobile (I forgot to add that! Lol)

I would like to have a different name rather than Becca's Beauty etc! Not because there is anything wrong with that, just because a few of my friends have NAME's Beauty as their name. I wanted something different!

I am so excited about this as it will take my mind off disliking my full time job so Much! Lol

Beautiful Butterflies? (as butterflies are beautiful) lol!
See I told you I'm rubbish at this lol!

I would like a butterfly either in the name or my logo, as butterflies have a very personal meaning to me! (like the idea of the back to back B's)

Thanks again geeks, I'll keep thinking. If anyone else has any ideas feel free to throw them my way! :) thanks xxx

Hi

Have a look at my list, you can find it in ChitChat it is titled:

Business name - a list of available domains (not sure how to link!)

Kathie x

I like becca's beauty.

I also like beauty by Rebecca, infact no I love beauty by Rebecca (that's my mums name btw!) lol

x

Love your line of thinkg hun!! I would personally include beauty in your name somewhere or maybe as a byline...so under your logo...eg Beautiful Butterflies ...for all your beauty needs...not that but along those lines!! Butterfly Beauty ...evan byline by Becca love the BBB!! Rolls off hte tongue!! Not sure I cant copme up with names wiht out brainstorming and then power of deduction!!x

...should have expanded! Just if someone is searching for beauty in your area theyl find your website easier!:wink2:

Hi

Have a look at my list, you can find it in ChitChat it is titled:

Business name - a list of available domains (not sure how to link!)

Kathie x

Wow Kathie

Plenty there to Look through, will have a read later. Thank you :)

A few suggestions:

Honey B's
Becca's Honey B's
Beautiful Honey B's
B Beautiful (with the 2 B's back to back)

Anyone like any?

I quite like the sound of just 'Becca Beauty' without the ' apostrophe s. Sounds more like it could just be a name of a beauty business without necessarily being your name if that makes sense!! Lol. Kind of subtle :) but still has your name in :) just an idea xx

Beauty At Your Bec & Call?

Although peeps may think you've misspelt bec/beck lol

...Also like B Beautiful

I'm liking
Beauty at your Bec & call :)

Do you think it's too long though? :-/

Wow Kathie

Plenty there to Look through, will have a read later. Thank you :)

You're welcome, hopefully you'll find something you like and if not, maybe some inspiration.

X

Back