Beauty salon software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard- I don't think anyone would have the time, money or inclination to carry out your research for you. :)

Richard- I don't think anyone would have the time, money or inclination to carry out your research for you. :)

There's probably a PhD in it somewhere though for anyone with the time and inclination :)

Seriously though, it would only make *commercial* sense for a provider of salon software to do this themselves, so as to demonstrate why *their* product was superior to all others on the market.

Unless whichever neutral party which did the work was able to guarantee enough revenue from people reading their findings (e.g. by clicking on Google adverts) to justify them doing the work in the first place - which is hardly likely...

Well, I personally wouldn't trust a comparative review made by an interested party as far as I could throw it but I would imagine someone responsible for kitting out a big group of salons would need to do this kind of study for their own purposes anyway, no?

Maybe some of the wider-circulated indistry magazines have done this before. Just a thought :)

Excellent! Glad I was able to point that out; 300MB did seem to be rather limiting - as many websites will easily go over this figure in the average month, particularly if they are doing well on Google.

The only other things that would really concern me with regards to the Terms of Service are that you mention that data may be transmitted unencrypted:

<skip>

Naturally, bog standard web site content not including client information, e.g. home page, treatment menus/prices etc, would be fine to send over standard HTTP...

Public part (which is Salonium website only) is unencrypted and there is no need to that...

All software functionality like appointment booking, customer information management, salon settings/configuration, text reminders templates and pricelist editing, etc. is encrypted using SSL (HTTPS).

Just visit http://www.salonium.co.uk and click on the "Login" link in the top/right corner to see how it works.

Have a nice weekend!

salonium_logo_black_small.png

Public part (which is Salonium website only) is unencrypted and there is no need to that...

All software functionality like appointment booking, customer information management, salon settings/configuration, text reminders templates and pricelist editing, etc. is encrypted using SSL (HTTPS).

Just visit http://www.salonium.co.uk and click on the "Login" link in the top/right corner to see how it works.

Have a nice weekend!

That's good. Are you going to change the Terms of Service to say that, rather than risk confusion by the existing text which suggests that data may be sent unencrypted?

Well, I personally wouldn't trust a comparative review made by an interested party as far as I could throw it but I would imagine someone responsible for kitting out a big group of salons would need to do this kind of study for their own purposes anyway, no?

Maybe some of the wider-circulated indistry magazines have done this before. Just a thought :)

Well it might be worth you contacting some of the trade magazines and see if they are interested in running an article on this, I have seen them do this sort of thing in the past, so it might be worth them considering again with all the new management systems on the market at the moment.

Well it might be worth you contacting some of the trade magazines and see if they are interested in running an article on this, I have seen them do this sort of thing in the past, so it might be worth them considering again with all the new management systems on the market at the moment.

Good point :)

Although if a magazine did do that, then it would be important that the review was totally impartial, and not dependent on a salon software company advertising with that particular magazine (I guess it could be rather awkward if one of their best customers for advertising fared comparatively poorly in the salon software article, for example)...

Hi,

This is my first post here so I apologise in advance if my quick search missed out on an obvious answer, but I Was wondering if anyone on the forum had done an extensive head-to-head comparison of all the leading software packages for hair and beaty salons and come up with somthing approaching a comprehensive guide. Reading through the various software management threads it looks like quite a task for a salon owner to wade through the bumf and shilling and get an honest, reliable answer on what package would best suit them.

If it hasn't been done before, has any neutral party considered doing such a comparison and publishing the results here?

Something like compare the market.com or something! But like everyone is saying, it couldn't be done by a software company.

Good point, Ruth! Today 300MB/month looks somewhat... outdated. After your comment we gave it a second thought and removed that (silly) restriction altogether.

From today we have unlimited bandwidth! Like every online software service provider should do in 2010.

Thanks for your feedback!
I'm urgently trying to contact your company can somone please get back to me I have emailed 5 times and the phone line is not connected

I'm urgently trying to contact your company can somone please get back to me I have emailed 5 times and the phone line is not connected

Just so you know, the quoted poster has not logged in to this site since 2012.

Just so you know, the quoted poster has not logged in to this site since 2012.

I know I'm just desperate I don't know what to do as I can't get a reply I think it's shut down but system is still running so bizarre

Their website is telling people to use treatwell as a 'newer' version of their system. Maybe theirs is discontinued?

Latest posts

Back