Beauty & Theatre make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzanne

Reaction score
Hello,
Wondering if anyone can help me.

Im planning a fashion show in October in Bridlington.
Its been run by a Ladies Boutique, a big local radio station and there charity.

And i'm looking for a beautian who also does theatre make up .

Its to do the make up on all girls modeling on the night and if possible to donate prizes (you dont have to). They need to be around Hull - Bridlington - Scarbough area, and be willing to take part for free. I know its alot to ask but it will be very good advertizing and your team will have a fantasic night.

Anyone intersted and wanting more details can PM me.

(I will make a post nearing the time about our competion we will be running along side it.)

Thank you in advance

Sarah xx

Last edited:
is my post this bad? :-(

xxx

Hi there..
I think it's because you are asking for it all to be done free..

It sounds like it would be a great do, but it is perhaps a lot to ask of someone with valuable skills and professional products etc if there are no expenses paid..

The makeup artist would be dedicating their time, skills, petrol, products etc, and so perhaps it is a good idea to offer something in return..

Hope this doesn't offend you :)

xxx

Hi, It may be better to approach your local college,
because anyone on beauty or Theatrical make up courses will be grateful for this type of thing,
as they could gain some valuable experience and possibly be marked up on it.

A lot of qualified peeps have been there and done that when they were studying at college,

I used to do a lot of shows for free and it isn't really that good for advertising make up ect

I gave it all up in the end as it was costing me a small fortune for products, petrol and time, and all in the name of charity too :eek:

So I am afraid fully qualified peeps are usually out working trying hard to make ends meet to pay the mortgage, schooling and other bills ect ,
thats all , nothing personal :hug: x

Perhaps you could persuade the owners to give a few free items of clothing from the boutique in return for
their free work, products, petrol, time ect ?
just like a trade swap ?

Charity's can pay certain expenses ,

I would ask about this too . :hug: good luck

Hello,
Wondering if anyone can help me.

Im planning a fashion show in October in Bridlington.
Its been run by a Ladies Boutique, a big local radio station and there charity.

And i'm looking for a beautian who also does theatre make up .

Its to do the make up on all girls modeling on the night and if possible to donate prizes (you dont have to). They need to be around Hull - Bridlington - Scarbough area, and be willing to take part for free. I know its alot to ask but it will be very good advertizing and your team will have a fantasic night.

Anyone intersted and wanting more details can PM me.

(I will make a post nearing the time about our competion we will be running along side it.)

Thank you in advance

Sarah xx

Hi Hunny

I would reccommend trying to find make-up artists rather than beauty therapists. Trainee/newly qualified make-up artists usually offer to do this kinda thing for free, to build their portfolio. I would put a message on this forum:

Make-Up Artist Board - Powered by vBulletin

Also as said above check out any local colleges to see if they do a make-up artist course (the 1 or 2 year course) as they have to do work placements to qualify.

When I did my course, we were told that it generally takes around 10 years to be a successful make-up artist with regular media work, so people have to be very dedicated in order to succeed that far, and jobs like you are offering are the way to get there (I've been doing stage make-up for free for 5 years now)

HTH, and good luck with it!:hug:

its my mum's boutique, and thanks to you all.

Think ive got a local girl now as it happends. xxx

Latest posts

Back