Becoming a Mobile Hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxslcxo

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I was just wondering whether it's possible to become a mobile hairdresser straight from college (completeing NVQ Level 2)?? - (starting with friends and family) Or is it better to gain salon experience also?? Or is NVQ Level 3 better to have also??

Just a general enquiry that I hope can be answered :biggrin: any opinions and advice is welcome

xxxx

Without a doubt salon experience! You'll learn from working with different pros, everyone does things differently, you'll pick out techniques from different people and make them your own. You can do some mobile aswell until you've gained enough experience and technique to go it alone. X

Hiya! I have recently gone mobile and I swear its the best thing I have ever done! I qualified (NVQ3) in 2006 and worked in 2 salons until august this year, then decided to go it alone! I would finish your level 3, then stay in a salon as long as you can to gain experience, to get some more techniques from other stylists, and to undestand the buisness side of it too, also my advice would be dont leave if you dont have enough people to follow you x

Hi Geeks,

I was just wondering whether it's possible to become a mobile hairdresser straight from college (completeing NVQ Level 2)?? - (starting with friends and family) Or is it better to gain salon experience also?? Or is NVQ Level 3 better to have also??

Just a general enquiry that I hope can be answered :biggrin: any opinions and advice is welcome

xxxx

Defiantly agree with salon experience. Not only will you learn a hell of a lot but you will gain sooo much confidence!! I'm exactly the same as Sophie..went mobile in feb..wouldn't look back but I am where I am because of salon experience :) x

OK, thank you guys :D xxxx

I did level 2 and NQ level 6 at college, did some salon work while doing that then went straight to mobile so I could work around my husband's shifts. I still have plenty of people I can contact (and this forum comes in handy) should I need a second opinion. I always visit clients prior to a colour appointment to give myself time to get any products and decided precisely how I'm going to carry out the service.

Latest posts

Back