Becoming a sole trader - advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet-Rose

Reaction score
Hi all,

An opportunity has come up for me to become a sole trader in a well established health club. I have 8 years experience working as a beauty therapist (employed) and this is something I have always thought I would like to do one day. The current owner of the beauty room is leaving imminently and I will need to act very quickly.

I was wondering what the first, and most important things are that I need to do/consider. And does anybody have any advice or helpful information about how to get the business started? :eek:

Many thanks in advance!

V

My main thing to consider was applying for a mortgage! I knew I wanted one withing a few years so wanted to go self employed as quickly as I could to get enough years of books behind me!

Apart from that, the general things to consider would probably be having. And paying for an accountant, keeping on top of your books, not getting any sick or holiday pay. But good things are nobody can tell you what to do or what to charge, what hours to work etc. you decide everything for yourself :)

Latest posts

Back