Been kicked out of my room!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
the final and last battle has happened!:cry:

you all may remember a previous thread about the me renting above a hair salon & the woman was planning to rent my beauty room out to someone else to do colonic irregation, whilst still renting it to me.
was this solved,no she is still planning to go ahead but denying it even tho men are in n out measuring the room. her response was ' you do not rent the room you pay me a percentage i can do what i want!'

fine i thought get on with it i've put too much money time and hard work into this!

so saturday i left, they are still open downstairs.
i get a call, where is MY key for the beauty room?
wot key i ask
she said: you have a lock on the door and i need to get in. (i have put a padlock on the door as my tint went missing my full tray of tips and stripper polish pens)
i said :well wot do u need to go in my beauty room for?
she said: i have an eyebrow tint in and i have no peroxide mix n i need to use yours. bring the key down now

i did not as i was not treking out i dont drive and have a baby n 3 yr old.

today she rang me i answer hello
she said; WHERes my key!
i said: at home
well i need it she said, you've lost me a customer now
i replied there is no need to speak to me in such a rude manor shouting and carrying on and i haven't lost you any clients, you should have your own products and you haven't asked me if you can use mine just assume and your just shouting and carrying on.
she replied ' get your f***ing stuff outa my salon! AND HUNG UP

what am i supposed to do
my contract says she has to give me one months notice but i dont think i have done anything wrong i ment to be in tomorrow i have clients im upset cant stop crying and mad too that this woman thinks its ok to treat me like this.

please give me your honest opinions even if you think im in the wrongxx

Aw hun,
This is an awful situation for you to be in. Who does this woman think she is demanding these things from you?
From what I have read, you have done nothing wrong. If you were renting the room from her, then it's your business and she should have nothing to do with it, except collect the rent!

And your stuff is your stuff -she can't just assume that she can use it whenever she wants.

I know you're upset chick, but don't waste anymore tears on this awful person. Its' probably a blessing in disguise that you're out of there now.
Have you thought about going mobile until you sort another premises out? The main thing is to let your clients know what you're doing. Don't let this woman lose you the business altogether.

Hold your head high, chum, cos you have done nothing wrong.
hth,
:hug: :hug: :hug:
xxxx

you all may remember a previous thread about the me renting above a hair salon & the woman was planning to rent my beauty room out to someone else to do colonic irregation, whilst still renting it to me.
was this solved,no she is still planning to go ahead but denying it even tho men are in n out measuring the room. her response was ' you do not rent the room you pay me a percentage i can do what i want!'

fine i thought get on with it i've put too much money time and hard work into this!

wot key i ask
she said: you have a lock on the door and i need to get in. (i have put a padlock on the door as my tint went missing my full tray of tips and stripper polish pens)
she said: i have an eyebrow tint in and i have no peroxide mix n i need to use yours. bring the key down now

she said; WHERes my key!
i replied there is no need to speak to me in such a rude manor shouting and carrying on and i haven't lost you any clients, you should have your own products and you haven't asked me if you can use mine just assume and your just shouting and carrying on.

what am i supposed to do
my contract says she has to give me one months notice but i dont think i have done anything wrong i ment to be in tomorrow i have clients im upset cant stop crying and mad too that this woman thinks its ok to treat me like this.

Carla,
sometimes some situations in life are better walking away from completly and getting on with the thing you do best.
The manner in which you apear to have been treated realy isnt apropriate and I would sugest that you break yuor relationship as quickly as possible and move on.
Good luck and dont let this get to you...simply wack on some lippy and rise above it all :hug:

wot key i ask

she said; WHERes my key!

what am i supposed to do

oh hun you so arent in the wrong how dare she , she is treating you (iwas going to say like ) worse than an employee. she has no right to your stuff. what does your contract say about rent as i assume you pay the same every month therefore its not a percentage. get down the CB stop crying shes not worth it and like you say you have put time money and effort into YOUR business fight for it ( I would understand you not wanting to stay there) there is loss of earning s to consider and fixtures and fittings you paid for which wood be pointless you take .... deep breath hun and fight your corner!!!!!:hug:x

She sounds like she needs to take her head from up her rear, how dare she demand you come and open up because she's run out of tint. Bugger that ! I agree with the above. Go in with your head held high tom (ie. she's not won), then arrange to move your stuff elsewhere, cos you are going to end up in a world of aggrevation with this madam. She's going to move the goal posts on a weekly basis and you sound far too professional to be putting up with that rubbish. Dont cry because if she knew you were crying over her she would love that one !! Pull yourself together, ten deep breath's, get Collin's best lippy on and stuff her. You have a contract so she cant just kick you out. Let us know how you get on, got everything crossed for you, go get em girl ! xxxxx

She sounds mean, nasty and jealous of you. Not the best working environment. I hope you can work this out. :hug:

Oh god thats horrid! it sounds like a situation I had. I rented an entire floor above a hair salon and it was single glazed and chilly, so I used one of those heaters. My landlady confiscated it! We were always at loggerheads to the point I didnt want to go in. I just concentrated on my repping and let my staff deal with the salon but in the end I moved out to open somewhere else. Its hard and upsetting especially if like me you have spent money making that place look nice.

Pick your stuff up and walk away. Call your clients and say you have to go mobile for a short time then call all the hair salons in your area to see if anyone has a spare room.

I promise you honey you will bounce back from this. Sounds like you need big hugs!

kate xx

She sounds delightful......NOT.

Sounds like you're best off out of there. Try to find another room quickly and let all of your clients know.:hug:

It's tough, but no one could blame you for saying that you can't be expected to continue working in an atmosphere like that and taking the bold step of walking away from it.

Unfortunately, sometimes you just have to put these things down to bad experience, put them behind you and look to the future.

Good luck hun :hug:

good on you for putting a lock on the door.

make sure she doesn't have your clients details, get them out of there sharpish and start letting clients know that you will be moving out.

You poor thing. It definately sounds like a case of the green eyed monster. I hope you get it sorted hunni, and definately look out for her on a night out and kick her head in!!! (kidding) Good luck xx

Hi

It sounds awful and you are definitely better off somewhere new but something someone told me once (which REALLY didn't help at the time because I was steaming although I can't remember why now!) is that the chinese symbol for crisis and opportunity is the same, and something good always comes out of something bad. Perhaps there is the best, most exciting room with the nicest person in the whole world to work with and you end up with a huge chain of salons all across the country and become over night millionaires... or not quite perhaps but you get my meaning!

Good luck

Lx

Aw hun, this is awful. You build up a great little business and something like her happens:irked:

I've got a funny feeling that she did this because she wanted you out of your room because of the colonic person she's so obviously keen to get in there (I wonder if it's a friend of hers?)

I know it's hard, but stand your ground, go in tomorrow and treat the clients you have in, then contact all the others to let them know either you need to reschedule or going mobile for a while (whichever suits you) then go to the CAB with your contract and see what advice they can give. If she has to give you one months notice and breaks that, I'm pretty sure you can send a letter stating she needs to compensate you for at least the stress she has caused and (potential) loss of earnings.

It's never easy being self employed and especially if you have a salon owner who thinks she can treat you as she pleases. You pay her money to use the room, therefore, whether she says it a %age or not, that's your room.

I hope you get it sorted hun, have some big :hug::hug::hug: to keep you going. xx

aww, poor you!! this woman is horrible!! she cant just force you out you have a contract (i actually think you can take her to court for breaking it) get some advice and call some places to find a new room.

Good luck!!! xxxx:hug:

What an absolute charmer...not.
You are better to get out hun and look for something else.
Always remember the glass if half FULL not half EMPTY xxx
(btw don't forget to let all your clients know asap)

Take someone with you as a witness, collect your stuff, don't speak to her, get who ever is with you to say, "without prejudice I say to you, she is complying even though by doing so you have broken your contract"
What ever this woman says get your friend to repeat the same words, don't threaten her or say you're going to take her to court or anything like that, she will be bricking it thinking your friend is a lawyer :lol: do not say she is.
Make sure your clients know where you are and move on, she's not worth the hassel.:hug:

Back