Beginner eyelash artist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aschia Ellis

Reaction score
I took a training class last week. I want to start practicing on real client. I don't know where to start as far as which type of eyelash design should I do first.I want to be more cofident in a certain design before I move on to something new. How to map or determine the correct length? Also, what the name for applying same length on all the eyelashes? Is that good to practice first before I get fancy doing different design?

Hey girl!
I feel your pain with all the confusion about different things happening at the same time.

I got my certificate about 4 years ago however decided to start doing it only about two months ago...

If you're doing it for friends or family, I would suggest perhaps looking at different pictures together and determine what look they are after ? Also, you can always say to the client that you are learning and that you might try this or that.
It's very important to understand what the client is after. If they want longer and thicker, use thicker lashes. If they're after something more natural, you can look at their lashes and say what you can offer before applying. Some girls come in with really short lashes and ask me to have them up to their brows.. which I have to say that it's almost impossible as that will just damage their own lashes and not even last long at all...

I started off by doing all the lashes the same length, however after the 3rd/4th time I started drawing up lines on the pads to determine what length goes where. It's not all that difficult. If you got one of those boxes that has different lengths in one, it should be quite straight forward.

If you Google different eyelash extension styles, it should show you how to do it and where to apply what length. My favourite is shorter lashes in the inner corner going out longer forwards the outter corner however you'll also need to analyse the customers lashes.

Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back