Being given the run around.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KattyKat

Reaction score
Ok,

So I signed up with different free business advisers that can help me, business link, local business set-up charities, and they all have told me that as a single parent, I should go to The Job Centre, and they would have lots of help for me there, which I did today. I adjusted all my appointments with clients today because I was under the impression they would be giving me lots of help and information.

As it was, I turned up, she got half way through my form, said that because I was working over 30 hours a week I wasn't entitled to help. I asked the lady if she could just go through my form thoroughly because I had been sent by these reputable people. 'No point! You work over 30 hours!' (this was in reference to income support, and she said that for this reason, no advice can be given either??????)

'Yes you have said this but please just take a look!'
'No point!'

I mean. I have had this type of attitude off the council. Now from the job centre. I am livid and again upset. They all seem to be like the Little Britain sketch, 'Computer says No!'

As long as they are getting a regular wage why should they help people trying to make a start in life.

Anyway, rant over...

Need to get constructive.

So anyone who is lone parent can you please tell me what help you received from the job centre, because I heard off Business Link and others that they were meant to be very constructive, informative, guiding and help with finances, which I am struggling with at the moment....

All advice is much needed. Many thanks, x

Job centre do very little even for people that are not working.

bit rude though, why could she not have taken 2 seconds to look. As a human is anything.

They all look down their noses at you as well..... its no wonder they have security on the doors there.

Call the working tax credit helpline very helpful sorry I don't know the number. And yea I argee no wonder they have security so rude x

Thanks. I will get on to tax credits. Much appreciated.

Back