Being mobile and being organised

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Reaction score
Hi

I started working part time as a make-up artist/beauty therapist and provide services from my house and also do house calls for make-up and nails.

As I may only have a few appointments a day, how should I organise them so I optimise the time such as not running into the problem of doing one in the morning and one at the end of the day. If I got a late appointment then I can always put the others near that but that may not suit everyone and don't want to lose appointments.

How would people organise their time when they work for themselves?

Are there any guidelines or do I just figure it out as I go along?

Thanks!

As you said you can offer a time near to your other appointments first. If that isn't suitable & you are available give them the time they want. You will have the odd day where it cant be helped, special events etc. xx

You'll get to know when your clients are available, and arrange it around that. However, being mobile and not having set hours go hand in hand I'm afraid! As is not being able to turn the work down, when self employed. It's pretty much a case of learning to manage it as well as you can!

I have a barbershop but also do ladies hair mobile in the evenings. I'm off on a Sunday and Monday with the only exception being for special occasions! So my rule is I'll work any amount of hours I can squeeze in, but Tuesday to Saturday only. Remember to try to leave at least one full day off a week (easier said than done sometimes!) so you can totally relax and get your head back on the ball! :)

Latest posts

Back