Being polite with tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been spray tanning since October 2015 and I now have built up a fantastic client base but I do have a couple of queries that hopefully one of you good peeps will be able to help me with.

One of my ladys is a larger lady that has a large tummy area how to you make sure that all the area is tanned correctly. I became alittle unsure recently and Im hoping that I did the right thing and sprayed as much as I could by asking her to lift her arm up, I know it would be completely different conversation had it been a friend!!! and this is also the case with ladys who go topless do you ask them again to 'lift' the boobs if they are large as then there would be markings left. """ I do hope you understand what im trying to say without being rude """" :O

This also raises the question of the crease under bottoms - Do you ask for ladies and gentlemen to bend forward to catch this area or not. I was under the impression that because that area wouldn't naturally tan that its also the same rules for spraying. I have had one lady call me back and ask for me to return to just do these bits. Which I have done but also explained that this wouldn't naturally tan.

Not too sure about the stomach situ I would say asking her to raise her hands would be best and most polite though! I would ask them if they wouldn't mind lifting their boobs slightly to avoid any white patches, was also told to ask them to bend over slightly for bum too! [emoji4]

I'm a girl with big boobs and I would be more concerned if u didn't ask me but think that's just me however in regards to the tummy issue lifting the arms sure but if it still doesn't help then just simply ask, I'm sure she won't be to offended as she has the confidence to get down to her undies in front of you

I tan lots of larger ladies, I always ask them to lift boobs and bend forward to spray under bum, nobody has ever been offended and most comment on doing a thorough tan and glad I ask them instead of ignoring it and leaving white bits, it's never a case of one tanning technique fits all, so long as your polite and choose your words carefully xx

I always ask ladies to use their forearms to hold their boobs up first whilst I'd spray underneath and then I just spray as normal all over and ask them to bend forwards slightly for the crease of their bum ☺ for bigger ladies I just ask them to stretch into different positions and if needs be I ask them to move the skin or if they don't mind me doing it and just spraying. The less big deal you make of it the better I think. Just instruct as it's normal whilst making them feel at ease. I'm a larger lady and I'd find it awful to be left with white patches from my tanner being to embarrassed to ask me to help ☺ xx

I'm completely honest. I say they have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed, I just want them to be happy. I explain its their choice in booby and creasy areas (I usually point to my waist where if I twist I get a fold...then they know its normal and not embarrassing to talk about).

I offer that they can lift up boobs, etc so I can get in crannies, OR, I can spray as normal and not pay extra attention in these areas. Under the boobs will always grab tan like crazy anyway and isn't attractive when the tan fades, but its UNDER them, so nobody will see it anyway.

The creasey crannie bits if there is extra tan in them its going to get patchy. Think of like when you leave your arm against your side and it goes darker down your arm. They would just end up with big dark areas. I recommend spraying as normal and giving them a mitt for their boobies and crannies and tell them to be thorough, facing the back of the tent whilst I buff the back. They like this as they can get embarrassed if I rub the crannies.

Can you tell its been a while Ive been tanning? **so much nakedness, so little care**

Latest posts

Back