Belle hair extension courses - worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holpolx

Reaction score
Hi (i'm new to this so if i've done anything wrong please tell me)

I am currently trying to find a course that covers micro-bead/ring hair extension application. I've been looking at belle hair extensions which provide micro rings, micro fusion and easy shrinks - it is a day course and also comes with a full kit including:

1) Glamorous Lengths Hair Extensions Manual Vol: 2013 (Original Copy / Not Paper Print-Outs)
2) Training head
3) Training head table clamp
4) Human remy hair extension colour ring
5) Electronic extension heat connector wand for fusion bonded extensions
6) Professional hair extension loop brush
7) Metal end precision tail comb
8) Hair extension razor comb (2-sided)
9) Two sectioning crocodiles
10) Sectioning clip
11) 2 x Finger protectors/cots
12) Heat separator disks/shields
13) Professional cutting scissors (6″ blades, stainless steel*)
14) Hair extension storage bag with 5 compartments (Waterproof)
15) Hair extensions keratin removal solution
16) Hair extension pliers
17) Pre bonded remy human hair for fusion bonded method
18) Stick tip remy human hair for micro ring method
19) Removal pads
20) Micro rings
21) Micro ring pulling tool/crochet hook tool
22) 30% Trade card for our gold supplier
23) Aftercare cards for your clients
24) 3 Posters to help market your business (suited for mobile or salon)

it sounds SO good, and its only £299 at the moment!

They have customer reviews on their website but of course that doesn't always mean they're true. Just seeing if anybody has used them before, whether they're worth it or if anybody recommends any other companies?

Thank you!!

We also offer courses, a good number of 'geeks' have trained with us.

Please feel free to ask what everyones thoughts are on our courses.

There is a great search function here on site, you should use it to find all the information and experiences of geeks regarding Hair Extension Courses.

Studio 58 offer that for the same price I would go with them or look at hair rebellion they are dearer though x

Hi,

I trained with belle hair extensions in june, they told us our certificate would be out in 21 days Ive still not received anything, Ive emailed twice to no reply. has anyone else had this? Im starting to think I went with a really shoddy company!

I trained with Belle. I found it a good course(though of course have nothing o compare it with) and got my certificate really quickly x

I would personally not do you course with them. I did it earlier this year and wished I'd have done it elsewhere. There was about 16 girls there between 2 trainers. Several of the girls on the course were not very quick at picking it up so the trainers ended up spending most of their time aiding them and not everyone else.

My certificate took around a month to come through, if not a big longer.

I should have known by the course price to stay clear. I learnt what I needed to I suppose, as i am a quick learner, but I was lead to believe there would have been a max of 5/6 people on the course!

Their gold supplier is also the hair extension company run and owned by them, although they won't admit that.

I did a course in June with them. Very basic. I would suggest doing your own research prior and asking as many questions as possible as they don't imitate much information.

I would only recommend if you have a good knowledge of hair in the first place.

Hi,

I trained with belle hair extensions in june, they told us our certificate would be out in 21 days Ive still not received anything, Ive emailed twice to no reply. has anyone else had this? Im starting to think I went with a really shoddy company!

I had the same. So I rang them. 2 days later it arrived.

Do belle just send you a certificate straight after the course? With studio58 I liked it that you had to do a model and send them pics etc to make sure you understood everything x

I also trained with belle I was so happy I already new how to put extensions in by getting trained with the salon I worked at I purlely done this course just to get a certificate and gain more experience and new tips. I noticed a lot of people who were not hairdressers struggled yet still passed. xx​

I had the same. So I rang them. 2 days later it arrived.

Ive been trying to contact them, cant get a response, someone replied to me on facebook once and never replied again. Told me that anyone putting negative comments about them are competitors. I've never seen service like it!

Their gold supplier is also the hair extension company run and owned by them, although they won't admit that.

Ive ended up changing supplier because I was getting complains that Glamorous Lengths "russia" range wasnt russian remy at all, I bought some wefted ones to use and it was full of grey hair, and there was even thread in it which is supposedly a tell tale sign that its not remy hair.

Do belle just send you a certificate straight after the course? With studio58 I liked it that you had to do a model and send them pics etc to make sure you understood everything x

Yes, they ask you to do a case study but it isnt vital to get certificate

Hi myself and my friend went on the bella training course in Manchester on the 21/07/13 there were roughly 14 of us in total with 2 teaching and like you said the whole set up was wrong the training we could of watched on you tube and got a better insight. The kit was cheap and tacky also everyone seemed to have a problem with bank transfer so they was having to pay by card with the 5% charge :sad: also no certificate's were given on the day and are still waiting till this day.id also purchased hair from glamorous lengths I matched it with the. Colour ring when receiving the hair I opened a pack to find it didn't even match so I requested a refund on the unused packs which they told me if they were unused and sent back within 7 days then they would refund. Yet it took them2 days to answer my email still waiting on a refund... But the pack I did keep I mixed in with my own colour after a week 1 wash and dried naturally GL extensions are poor, scruffy,dry tbh they wouldn't last a fortnight let alone 3 months :sad: funny how they pass everyone yet a few in our group struggled :?:o:could you tell me if anyone has received there certificate from bella? Many thanks

I trained with belle hair extensions in june, they told us our certificate would be out in 21 days Ive still not received anything, Ive emailed twice to no reply. has anyone else had this? Im starting to think I went with a really shoddy company![/QUOTE]

Hi myself and my friend went on the bella training course in Manchester on the 21/07/13 there were roughly 14 of us in total with 2 teaching and like you said the whole set up was wrong the training we could of watched on you tube and got a better insight. The kit was cheap and tacky also everyone seemed to have a problem with bank transfer so they was having to pay by card with the 5% charge :sad: also no certificate's were given on the day and are still waiting till this day.id also purchased hair from glamorous lengths I matched it with the. Colour ring when receiving the hair I opened a pack to find it didn't even match so I requested a refund on the unused packs which they told me if they were unused and sent back within 7 days then they would refund. Yet it took them2 days to answer my email still waiting on a refund... But the pack I did keep I mixed in with my own colour after a week 1 wash and dried naturally GL extensions are poor, scruffy,dry tbh they wouldn't last a fortnight let alone 3 months :sad: funny how they pass everyone yet a few in our group struggled :?:o:could you tell me if anyone has received there certificate from bella? Many thanks

[/QUOTE]

I've just replied to your post on another thread! Shoddy is about right!

Hair Rebellion have an offer on there training in September. I did my training with them years ago, and now have a very large client base and on going support from them. 100% The best training available!!

On our Sunday 18th August 2013 course we had 7 students & 3 tutors.

One of these students was a morning course :biggrin:student who wished to add a method to her portfolio, she came back to learn Nano Rings as a lot of her clients were asking for this method.

Last edited:
We offer courses in several different methods, and train on live models as we believe by doing a full head of extensions instead of just a few rows on a training head, you get a more of an understanding on extensions.

Feel free to ask other geeks on here as plenty have trained with us.

We was previously known as Lush Us UK.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back