Belle hair extension courses - worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We offer courses in several different methods, and train on live models as we believe by doing a full head of extensions instead of just a few rows on a training head, you get a more of an understanding on extensions.

Feel free to ask other geeks on here as plenty have trained with us.

We was previous known as Lush Us UK.

Are you near Bristol xx

We offer courses in several different methods, and train on live models as we believe by doing a full head of extensions instead of just a few rows on a training head, you get a more of an understanding on extensions.

Feel free to ask other geeks on here as plenty have trained with us.

We was previously known as Lush Us UK.

Yes learning on a live model is a good idea, we agree in principle, but unfortunately insurance companies will not insure the students until they are signed off by the assessor and certificated and have their insurance policy active, unless they have a Special Insurance Policy in place that allows students to practice on a live model with a tutor guiding them (this policy is a lot more expensive), Colleges have policies of this nature.

Last edited:
Yes learning on a live model is a good idea, we agree in principle, but unfortunately insurance companies will not insure the students until they are signed off by the assessor and certificated and have their insurance policy active. (They will insure the tutors who are teaching the class, but most tutors we know would not wish to teach students hair extensions on live models)

Insurance companies will not insure students who are learning hair extensions on a live model because from the insurance companies point of view there is more likelihood of some accident with a trainee learner especially on a live model especially if using hot equipment.

A fast track course is usually just one day, so for a member of the public who is a non-hairdresser learning with hot equipment practicing on a live model could be very dangerous and lead to accidents.

For non-hairdressers, learners and hairdressing trainees we encourage them to do our 2 day course. (The first day they pay for, the 2nd day is FREE).

Practising your new skill on a Hairdressing Training Head is a much safer option from a Health & Safety whilst Training option.

WELLA at Manchester who do various Cutting Courses always teach on Manequinn Training Heads for Health & Safety reasons.

Hi I'm am Katy the training principal at the hair training academy within hair rebellion. While we appreciate all training providers deliver training in different ways, we pride ourselves on the quality of training and the level of qualifications and experience all of our trainer hold. personally I have previously worked in further education colleges for 15 years delivering hair and beauty NVQs/BTECs. These qualifications do not allow candidates to be assessed on training heads and I believe all trainees should receive this same level of training.
We also feel it is not possible to teach all theory and practical in one day which is why we developed our online learning and testing to ensure trainees have a fundamental understanding of hair and hair extensions as well as being taught the practical skills so all trainees undertake prior and post practical online theory and assessment training.
Initial practicing on a training head is essential however we insist on trainees being assessed on fitting a full head on a live model so we can ensure they have not only mastered correct placement and fitting techniques but also so their 1st attempt on a real person is carried out under our supervision as we feel it would be irresponsible to allow them to fit for the 1st time without guidance and support.

Fortunately (for all concerned) Insurance Companies have very strict guidelines. Insurance companies insist all Health & Safety Requirements are followed when training. As established Training Providers we do not make the rules, but we always ensure we follow the rules to the letter, for the safety of all:).

Last edited:
Sorry Katy :sad:we missed out the info about the Caviat which can be added to Insurance Policies to allow tutors to train on live models (for cutting courses), we were not aware of this extra insurance cover which can be obtained for an additional fee.

Last edited:
Hi,

I trained with belle hair extensions in june, they told us our certificate would be out in 21 days Ive still not received anything, Ive emailed twice to no reply. has anyone else had this? Im starting to think I went with a really shoddy company!

Hi, Please email in we have sent out all of June certs. Maybe a case of lost in the post. Sorry

Last edited:
We have courses in Bristol as well as 25 different locations throughout the country.

We also offer courses, a good number of 'geeks' have trained with us.

Please feel free to ask what everyones thoughts are on our courses.

These guys are good!

Hi myself and my friend went on the bella training course in Manchester on the 21/07/13 there were roughly 14 of us in total with 2 teaching and like you said the whole set up was wrong the training we could of watched on you tube and got a better insight. The kit was cheap and tacky also everyone seemed to have a problem with bank transfer so they was having to pay by card with the 5% charge :sad: also no certificate's were given on the day and are still waiting till this day.id also purchased hair from glamorous lengths I matched it with the. Colour ring when receiving the hair I opened a pack to find it didn't even match so I requested a refund on the unused packs which they told me if they were unused and sent back within 7 days then they would refund. Yet it took them2 days to answer my email still waiting on a refund... But the pack I did keep I mixed in with my own colour after a week 1 wash and dried naturally GL extensions are poor, scruffy,dry tbh they wouldn't last a fortnight let alone 3 months :sad: funny how they pass everyone yet a few in our group struggled :?:o:could you tell me if anyone has received there certificate from bella? Many thanks

I trained with belle hair extensions in june, they told us our certificate would be out in 21 days Ive still not received anything, Ive emailed twice to no reply. has anyone else had this? Im starting to think I went with a really shoddy company!
[/QUOTE]

Sorry you felt this way. If you feel you have not learned enough in any of our courses you can come back to the next course free of charge. The course is designed so you can learn the best way possible, a theory aspect is needed to go through the basics and introduce you to hair extensions. The practical is taught on doll heads as you are not insured to practice on real people until you are qualified. If any aspect of the course you do not understand or need additional help you can always ask the teachers for help. Our teachers are their to help, if you dont ask than teacher does not know what aspect you feel you need more assistance with.

The training kit is a full kit, we use the same equipment in the salon we have.

If you still haven't received your certificate than please email in with your address and contact information and a new certificate will be sent out. They can sometimes get lost in the post.

We have feedback forms at the end of the course, any student who feels they need extra help usually writes in the forms. We invite them back for a free session or offer help at the end of the course. Students are always encouraged to speak openly in the course about any issues they have. For any other concerns you wish to raise you can contact us directly.

Hope this helps

Hi I'm am Katy the training principal at the hair training academy within hair rebellion. While we appreciate all training providers deliver training in different ways, we pride ourselves on the quality of training and the level of qualifications and experience all of our trainer hold. personally I have previously worked in further education colleges for 15 years delivering hair and beauty NVQs/BTECs. These qualifications do not allow candidates to be assessed on training heads and I believe all trainees should receive this same level of training.
We also feel it is not possible to teach all theory and practical in one day which is why we developed our online learning and testing to ensure trainees have a fundamental understanding of hair and hair extensions as well as being taught the practical skills so all trainees undertake prior and post practical online theory and assessment training.
Initial practicing on a training head is essential however we insist on trainees being assessed on fitting a full head on a live model so we can ensure they have not only mastered correct placement and fitting techniques but also so their 1st attempt on a real person is carried out under our supervision as we feel it would be irresponsible to allow them to fit for the 1st time without guidance and support.

Yes if you have a Special Insurance Policy in place that allows students to work on a live model (ie: Colleges have these) then this is correct.

Latest posts

Back