Best camera?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachg

Reaction score
Hi All

I just wondered if anybody could reccommend a good camera, i take photos of my work but my camera never does them justice, would be so great if i had one that pictured rockstar nails well. Any help is much apreciated.

Thanks

Argos has some really cheap and good quality cameras in their book.

My opinion, you don't need anything super fancy - one for well under £80 would be ok.

The only thing I can recommend is have one with a couple of settings, eg, movement; portraits; and when you're doing close-up pictures use the "Macro" (looks like a little tulip on the dial usually!) setting. Which is for getting really nice close up shots.

Also try some pictures with and without a flash. Sometimes the flash will blow-out the colour and makes the picture look a bit peculiar. Particularly if you're using glitters for example. So then take the flash off and lighten the pictures with your photo-editing software.

Take pictures against a nice plain (light coloured) background and make sure they're staged nicely.

I use an old Fuji pix (think it's only 7m pixels - so a good few years old) and I think Nikon is always a safe bet.

You might also find that the editing software can help, by cropping pictures and making sure they're staged and put together really nicely, without too much stuff in the background.

Argos has some really cheap and good quality cameras in their book.

My opinion, you don't need anything super fancy - one for well under £80 would be ok.

The only thing I can recommend is have one with a couple of settings, eg, movement; portraits; and when you're doing close-up pictures use the "Macro" (looks like a little tulip on the dial usually!) setting. Which is for getting really nice close up shots.

Also try some pictures with and without a flash. Sometimes the flash will blow-out the colour and makes the picture look a bit peculiar. Particularly if you're using glitters for example. So then take the flash off and lighten the pictures with your photo-editing software.

Take pictures against a nice plain (light coloured) background and make sure they're staged nicely.

I use an old Fuji pix (think it's only 7m pixels - so a good few years old) and I think Nikon is always a safe bet.

You might also find that the editing software can help, by cropping pictures and making sure they're staged and put together really nicely, without too much stuff in the background.

Thanks :) will have a little look around then, the advice about the settings is useful because i never thought to do anything like that

Do you plan to use the camera a lot? Do you enjoy photography? I actually believe if you are using it to help with marketing your skills it is worth paying for a good camera. We have a digital SLR and I have to say I love it! Its brilliant for capturing the details in photo form and so many settings to help you get the right look.

Does it picture glitter well? i am quite happy to spend a bit more on one as i think it could help my business, what make is yours? i have no idea which are good or what characterists i need to look for! but definitely want a good quality one. Thanks for your reply

Ours is a Nikon, check ebay to see if there are any resonably priced second hand as they can be costly - but as I said if you plan to use it long term to promote yourself it will be worth it. Much cheaper than getting a photographer thats for sure :)

Do you plan to use the camera a lot? Do you enjoy photography? I actually believe if you are using it to help with marketing your skills it is worth paying for a good camera. We have a digital SLR and I have to say I love it! Its brilliant for capturing the details in photo form and so many settings to help you get the right look.

Personally, I'd go with this. A good DSLR will really show off the photo, and it'll generally give a much more professional result. As an added bonus, they're way better quality images for big prints, so if you wanted to use an image for anything bigger than A4 you'd definitely notice an improvement.

I agree with PremierIan it makes such a difference to picture quality having a dslr and they are much easier to use than slr cameras.
I have a Sony nex 3 I use it for makeup work so it needs to pick up a lot of detail it is far superior to my old digital camera.

Back