Older client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amelia95

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have an older lady who was sent to me from another stylist. The stylist had no client card or any memory of her formula, but they’ve been working towards that sandy shade Angela Lansbury had.

I rarely work with global shades on somebody older as most of my clients are either keratin treatments or highlights.

What would be the best to use to achieve the blonde in the photo?

Natural 7
50% white - evenly mixed throughout with larger white sections at temples.

Attachments

• IMG_4206.png
    IMG_4206.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
Good afternoon,

I have an older lady who was sent to me from another stylist. The stylist had no client card or any memory of her formula, but they’ve been working towards that sandy shade Angela Lansbury had.

I rarely work with global shades on somebody older as most of my clients are either keratin treatments or highlights.

What would be the best to use to achieve the blonde in the photo?

Natural 7
50% white - evenly mixed throughout with larger white sections at temples.
Wella 9/17 + 8/38 + 8/0 Equal amounts + 6% for grey coverage.

Thank you!
I would never have thought of using the 9/17 in the formula.

I was nearly just going to use 9/0 with a ribbon of 8/0 on this lady as from personal experience on my mum’s hair was the 8 stopped the ‘glow’ that any level 9 gave her. She’s been natural now for a good few years!

Thank you!
I would never have thought of using the 9/17 in the formula.

I was nearly just going to use 9/0 with a ribbon of 8/0 on this lady as from personal experience on my mum’s hair was the 8 stopped the ‘glow’ that any level 9 gave her. She’s been natural now for a good few years!
Yeah the 9s don't give great coverage. Especially on white hair.

Had the client in today, processed the hair for about 40 minutes, but the colour has taken a bit deeper that what we are looking for 🙈 - I’m sure a few washes and it’ll fade, but don’t know what to adjust in the formula. Maybe swapping the 8/0 for a 9/0?

Had the client in today, processed the hair for about 40 minutes, but the colour has taken a bit deeper that what we are looking for 🙈 - I’m sure a few washes and it’ll fade, but don’t know what to adjust in the formula. Maybe swapping the 8/0 for a 9/0?
Yes definitely, if you give it a shampoo or two with a deep cleansing shampoo it'll brighten up a bit.

Yes definitely, if you give it a shampoo or two with a deep cleansing shampoo it'll brighten up a bit.
She’s in for a wash and blow tomorrow, so I’ll give it a few deep cleaning shampoos and then readjust that formula in 4 weeks for her.
She was not as grey when in the salon as I was told, so I probably should have knew myself to either use less /0 or switch it to the 9 for some extra brightness.

She has just forwarded this on for styling for tomorrow. Pretty simple relaxed style, but I am guessing this is the colour closer to what she is expecting. I think the same formula with the 9/0 would do the trick as the tone is very similar to what we achieved. I think as her hair was lighter, the 9/17 might have also grabbed making the hair ashier too.

She is very easy going, which is a blessing! Trying to achieve an exact colour is not my strong point.
IMG_4385.png

She has just forwarded this on for styling for tomorrow. Pretty simple relaxed style, but I am guessing this is the colour closer to what she is expecting. I think the same formula with the 9/0 would do the trick as the tone is very similar to what we achieved. I think as her hair was lighter, the 9/17 might have also grabbed making the hair ashier too.

She is very easy going, which is a blessing! Trying to achieve an exact colour is not my strong point.
View attachment 213996
Yeah this colour is definitely lighter

Latest posts

Back