Best card payment service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherylj45

Reaction score
Hi geeks.....can anyone with a small salon recommend the best card payment machine??? I'm going to have my business account with Santander. Any advice would be appreciated. Also would you pass the charge onto your self employed staff per transaction???
thanks in advance!!!

You need to decide if you want phone based (like Paypal etc) or an actual terminal. I am with 123send though the FSB deal. I believe BABTAC and maybe the Guild also offer a deal to memebers.

Personally I wouldn't expect the charge to be passed to self employed therapists - a nightmare to manage! If its a debit card its a fixed price, if its a credit card its a %, if a commercial card another %, if American Express another % again. How would you keep track of it all?

Also for self-employed staff when do they get their money?

Mat

You need to decide if you want phone based (like Paypal etc) or an actual terminal. I am with 123send though the FSB deal. I believe BABTAC and maybe the Guild also offer a deal to memebers.

Personally I wouldn't expect the charge to be passed to self employed therapists - a nightmare to manage! If its a debit card its a fixed price, if its a credit card its a %, if a commercial card another %, if American Express another % again. How would you keep track of it all?

Also for self-employed staff when do they get their money?

Mat

Thanks for that. We used to have to pay per transaction...25p and put our names on the receipt. Bit complicated really as we were self-employed but all the money went through one till then they would pay us out of our takings. I'm not doing that in my new salon but I just wanted advice on card payments!! Xx

I also use Santander for my business account and they had a deal with streamline for their terminal and I use this. I'm happy with the service I get and they regularly upgrade the card machine. You should look around and see what deals are available before you commit.

Latest posts

Back