Best form of advertising new treatments!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzywoo

Reaction score
Hello!
This is my first post so feel free to point out any mistakes I make!!
I have been a mobile therapist for almost 6 years. In that time I have had 2 beautiful babies and have finally reached the point where I am able to put 100% of me into the business.
I have just done my Indian Head Massage, so another string to my bow! lol
I am needing to do some advertising and wanted to get some ideas as to the best way to go about this. Any advice would be greatfully recieved!!
Many thanks in advance :)
Suzanne.

You're probably best starting by coming up with a name for your business and an associated "brand" - then work out what sort of area you are hoping to cover geographically - that's particularly important when mobile, as you need to work out where you're happy travelling to, and if you would need to charge more for petrol if travelling further out of your area. So saying, you'd probably be best to direct a lot of your advertising effort into bringing in clients local to you, so you're not wasting so much time and money travelling further afield.

Then you'd need to consider the different types of media available to you - e.g. leaflet drops (for targeting potential clients close by to you), adverts in newsagent shops, etc, adverts in the local paper, website, business cards, etc - and work out prices for each of them.

It's been said on here a lot before, but it's always good to add a "call to action" to any advertising you do, e.g. use a different special offer code on each form of advertising you use, so then you'll be able to track and quantify which form of advertising works best for you. So if you get lots of people coming to you with the special offer code on your flyers, but no-one comes to you with the special offer code you've used on your newspaper ads, then that will show that the flyers are working really well for you, but the newspaper ads are a waste of money, for example.

Likewise, if running a website, it's always a good idea to run web statistics software (e.g. Google Analytics) so you're able to find where people are visiting your website from (e.g. a Google search, or an entry on FreeIndex, HotFrog or one of the other free listing websites).

Hi,

If your already an established business and are wanting to expand your client base and treatments offered, it could be a good idea to invest in a website if you dont already have one, on there you can do all your advertising for free for the new treatments you become qualified in, you can also promote special offers etc. It is also important that you get all your current client details suh as mobile numbers and email addresses so that you can offer them targeted promotions. Text message marketing can be an effective way to reach your clients cheaply, with these you can do offers for the days you are quiet or to promote new treatments, recommend a friend promotions will also help you increase your client database. Sending promotional emails to clients and asking them to forward these on to their friends can also give you new prospective customers.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back