Best form of heating for a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautywoman

Reaction score
Hi
I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the best type of heating for a beauty salon.

I'm thinking of renting a salon but the owner is currently doing the salon up. At the moment it has no heating in, but the guy said to me he'd be willing to put any form of heating I require.

The salon has an avrage size reception/manicure room then follows through to a nic sized treatment room and a kitchen toilet at the back.

Any suggestions would be so helpful
Thank :)

What type of fuel have you got in there (e.g. Gas, Oil or just Electric) ?

gas central heating with a combi boiler would be the best option and most cost effective and controllable if he s willing to fit
try and stay away from electric convector blown air heating units they are very nice and offer instant heat but cost a fortune to run :cry: HTH

I have a hot air blown heating thingy and mine isn't expensive!
Had my first bill last year and was dreading as the unit is massive and fills the loft. When i got the bill i was very pleasantly surprised!
It's instant, like Steve says and warms the place really quick. :)

I have a hot air blown heating thingy and mine isn't expensive!
Had my first bill last year and was dreading as the unit is massive and fills the loft. When i got the bill i was very pleasantly surprised!
It's instant, like Steve says and warms the place really quick. :)

Angelina which heater have you got? I've not got gas or oil so have to rely on electric heaters and my bills are MAHOOOOOSIVE! I only have a tiny room too!

Please share!

Em x

It's gas! It's so old that when i had it serviced last year, even the gas man said he didn't know how much it would cost. I have no idea what it is.
Every now and then the heating doesn't come on and i have to go in the loft and press the reset button.
It's a big unit with metal tunnels and stuff-if that helps-lol
My salon is quite large too. I have 9 rooms and a reception and my bill last winter was less than £200. Gas prices have gone up this year though so i have turned it down by one degree!

I have no gas so I'm screwed then!!!!!!!

I have a portable oil filled radiator which does the job very well without costing a fortune to run :)

I have a portable oil filled radiator which does the job very well without costing a fortune to run :)

Me too! from B & Q and my heating bill is small they are very cheap to run and very very effective, a small small one is enough for a normal bedroom sized 12 x 12 room.

Latest posts

Back