Best Marketing Strategies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsammi82x

Reaction score
Hi all!

Recently I have been reading a few threads about how people find some retail lines won't sell and I was wondering what you most unlikely best sellers were and what you have done to promote these to your clients.

Mine, for example, is Glizty Lips.

I love this stuff! I agree it's not for everyone but what treatment/product is??

I regularly wear different shades to work or on nights out, held an open evening where everyone that came got them applied for free to trial them and it's proving to be a great success. I also advertise EVERYTHING on my Facebook page making sure I post independent reviews also.

I think some geeks are lost when it comes to promoting retail items but I think it's really important. It is, after all, the jam on our bread and butter.

Maybe a bit of inspiration will help some Geeks in need

Sammi xx

Hi all!

Recently I have been reading a few threads about how people find some retail lines won't sell and I was wondering what you most unlikely best sellers were and what you have done to promote these to your clients.

Mine, for example, is Glizty Lips.

I love this stuff! I agree it's not for everyone but what treatment/product is??

I regularly wear different shades to work or on nights out, held an open evening where everyone that came got them applied for free to trial them and it's proving to be a great success. I also advertise EVERYTHING on my Facebook page making sure I post independent reviews also.

I think some geeks are lost when it comes to promoting retail items but I think it's really important. It is, after all, the jam on our bread and butter.

Maybe a bit of inspiration will help some Geeks in need

Sammi xx

I'm not retailing at the moment as I'm mobile, I will just order and deliver as asked. But a friend who is hoping to open in 2013 have been talking about retail.
With things like poor sellers I would be inclined to Do as someone else said on a previous post and sell a couple of poor sellers as a group, knock the cost down to price value, package together in selophane and a ribbon then just add a couple of quid in top of purchase price so as to make even a small profit. It's just a but harder with hair products to show them off, but I think with makeup seeing really is believing so te best way to sell is to wear it so everyone see's it looks good. Xoxo

Other than using it, wearing it and talking about it...i think the most important thing is to actually ask your client if they want it.

There is no need to be frightened, the worst they'll do is say no.

I don't have that much to retail, so i couldn't pick one that i'm having trouble with. I did have trouble when i was retailing Dermalogica, as it was a little pricey for my area and i found that making gift bags, like the previous poster said, really did help to sell it.

Also, having retail prices displayed makes a big difference. No price can be off putting for some customers as they don't want to ask, or feel it must be ridiculously overpriced xx

I love to retail. It's a big thing in my salons.

I think the key is to buy the products you know how to sell. Companies bring out new products or the sake of it at times. Develop a commercial antenna.

When faced with a new product, I always think of who I will sell it to, and how I will sell it. If I cant think of anyone, or cant think of a circumstance, then I don't buy it.

Latest posts

Back