Best primer for enlarged pores?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diana-Jane

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction for a really good make up base? I have enlarged open pores on my nose and despite a good skincare routine, upon application of my foundation it sinks straight into my pores, and i feel its really obvious looking.
Im currently using estee lauder double wear foundation which i just love, except for on my nose. I've tried clinique pore minimiser and e.l.f primer but they dont help my problem area at all.
Any advice on a product i can try?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

I have tried a few but my favourite is Dr Brandt Pore refiner. Google it, it has great reviews, another i like is Dermalogica clearing mattifier, not so good at refining pores but does help keep you shine free. HTH x

Thanks bagpuss, will check it out x

It's a great base for make up and enlared pores

I have the benefit porepessional pore minimiser in my kit and works really well. xx

I agree with the Benefit porefessional, really nice product, and a little really does go a long way.

I was also going to suggest Benefit's Porefessional, I have it in my kit and use it on clients and it seems to do the trick x

Thanks so much for the advice! X

Another one I've tried and like is Clinique Pore Minimiser. For some strange reason I've found it best on cheeks and chin though as opposed to nose.

Sad! Spent £23.50 a few days ago on benefit porefessional. Just like all the other pore treatments i've tried, it looks fine on its own but as soon as i put my foundation on top of it the foundation sinks into my pores and looks really bad. Am i doing something wrong?

The body shop do a good pore perfecter in their seaweed range! I loved it but I'm allergic :(

Maybe have a look at changing your foundation, I found with double wear it sat in all the places I didn't want it too 😠 clarins do a good one in a red pot but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head :)

You can stick shelfs up with double wear! I found it very heavy! Double wear light is quite nice? I would try a different foundation

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back