Best way to approach another business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPB

Reaction score
Ok, i am looking to expand my advertising, word of mouth seems to be working, but at a slow rate, this week i have only had two clients, quietest week i've had so far, i don't really have many booked in over the next couple of weeks, my plan a while ago was to print out pricelist flyers and ask hairdressers (Who don't have any nail tech/ beauticians working for them) if they would place a handful of my flyers on their counter, and i give them a poster for their staff room offering discount off my treatments, lets say £5 off overall treatment price as i am mobile.

However i have received my flyers, i am going to personally print out some A4 poster for the staff rooms. I was going to contact one hair salon in each town offering them this service, i tried messaging one local to me and thought it be easier to explain online in a message than going there and being turned down, however she have not gotten back to me.
I have got a list of hairdressers i need to call to check if they have any beauticians, if not how do i go about asking them without them thinking i'm selling them something?
Do i drive to each salon and see someone in person or arrange an appointment to see the manager etc? Or just phone them and try to explain as quick as i can without wasting their time, or just try and email them?

I would say in person is going to be your best chance however I feel most might say 'yeah no problem' and bin them when you go so hope you have lots of leaflets :)

When my guys go door to door with our leaflets and leave piles everywhere we tend to get rid of 5,000 over a couple of weeks.

It's worth a try but not sure what the ROI would be like as even if they don't have a nail tech I don't think they will be forthcoming to let you advertise.

I would say in person is going to be your best chance however I feel most might say 'yeah no problem' and bin them when you go so hope you have lots of leaflets :)

When my guys go door to door with our leaflets and leave piles everywhere we tend to get rid of 5,000 over a couple of weeks.

It's worth a try but not sure what the ROI would be like as even if they don't have a nail tech I don't think they will be forthcoming to let you advertise.

Yea it is quite tricky. I might get my cousin to help, as she knows a lot of people, might get her to ask one the girls personally and if they say no at least then i haven't wasted them, or do i just post them door to door and hope that gives me a higher chance lol.

Yea it is quite tricky. I might get my cousin to help, as she knows a lot of people, might get her to ask one the girls personally and if they say no at least then i haven't wasted them, or do i just post them door to door and hope that gives me a higher chance lol.

Personally I think door to door would have a higher success rate. Bit harder work but how much do you normally see on counters and how much normally gets picked up? It's very little.

At least through doors got half chance being shoved into a potential clients face :)

I posted 800 leaflets through doors this weekend, its a bit of a pain as:

1. My hands kept getting stuck in the box
2. I was bored of looking at letterboxes after 10 houses
3. Dogs like to give you a scare
4. Some leaflets just don't play nice and end up in a screwed up ball in the letter box
5. I kept scrapping my knees as I was too lazy to walk round and kept hopping over the walls between houses.

BUT I had several calls already and with the sunshine and your IPOD in there are worse things you could be doing and see it as a bit of exercise too

xx

I posted 800 leaflets through doors this weekend, its a bit of a pain as:

1. My hands kept getting stuck in the box
2. I was bored of looking at letterboxes after 10 houses
3. Dogs like to give you a scare
4. Some leaflets just don't play nice and end up in a screwed up ball in the letter box
5. I kept scrapping my knees as I was too lazy to walk round and kept hopping over the walls between houses.

BUT I had several calls already and with the sunshine and your IPOD in there are worse things you could be doing and see it as a bit of exercise too

xx

I did post business cards around before, those old style letter boxes were mean haha, I didn't mind doing it but thought I may have to post else where now with the flyers x

Problem with business cards being posted is they are too small. Doesn't say exactly what you do like a price list does. Also a 170gsm price list is a bit stiffer to go through doors :)

Latest posts

Back