Bikini wax advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
Hi im thinking about getting a bikini wax for my wedding next year as im going abroad for 2 weeks and would be nice to just forget about that area lol.

anyhow whats the difference between a bikini & brizillian?

And how much does it hurt?

Also im thinking i should try it now and may be get them leading up to wedding ? Also will it help with ingrown hairs?

I think starting now would be a great idea as it can take a couple of waxes to get a good finish if you have been shaving up to now.

Waxing is not comfortable but it isn't going to kill you either. Typically your first wax will be your worst because the hairs are quite coarse at the moment, but after waxing they come through much finer and softer. Take a couple of painkillers half an hour before your wax to take the edge off. I wax every month, no painkillers and don't find it painful.

A bikini is typically somewhere around the knicker line, though some go higher than others.

A brazilian is all hair off except for a vertical strip on the pubic mound.

I would recommend getting a hot or non-strip wax, though i know some waxers do well with the usual wax. I would also leave the hair for 4 weeks before your first wax and then book every 4 weeks.

Waxing usually improves ingrown hairs, though some people suffer more than others. Every 3 days, starting 3 days after your wax, use a buffing mitt over the bikini area. This will encourage hairs to grow out rather than in. Apply moisturiser daily and if you do get an ingrown hair, pop some savlon on it.

Good luck with your wax. I'm sure you will love it, i've never had a client go back after experiencing a wax xx

Bikini is the area surrounding, whatever pokes out of your bikini bottoms really, you can also get an extended bikini which cuts in a bit further up the top. Brazillian is the whole thing. Your personal pain threshold depends on how much it hurts, the more often you get it done the less it hurts. Also a week before during and after your periods it can be more sensitive due to hormones so that can play a really big factor. As for ingrowns I definitely think with waxing they are reduced, there are alot of products out there to prevent them. Hope I helped x

Hey,
Well a bikini wax is just waxing the hairs away from outside your pants line but you could ask for a lil bit more in and a Brazilian is everything but a strip of hair. & also if you were wondering a Hollywood is everything completely off.

If you haven't had it done before you probably will think it hurts but it isn't as bad as you think. I have them done regularly so to me it doesn't hurt. Yeah maybe go for some leading up to the wedding. They will also pluck out the hairs that don't come out with waxing or in growing.

I'd recommend getting a regular bikini wax now and then if you're ok with it, go for a brazilian or hollywood next time. I definitely agree with those who say start now, it takes a few goes to get the best results.

Thanks for all your replys they have all been so helpful, i really want it done.

Not sure weather to go to a salon or get someone mobile to do it with it being my first time or take a friend ?

Just wanted to echo the brilliant replies above on the difference between a bikini and Brazilian. Make sure that use a good hot wax and not strip wax.

Latest posts

Back