Biogel nail problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miacat2009

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place, I'm a newbie here.

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm having with my biogel nails please ?

I've never had them done before - usually I would just go for Shellac if I was having my nails done, but it was my friends wedding last week and I wanted a French Manicure, so thought I would try Biogel as I've seen it used in my regular salon lots and it always looks fab.

Anyway, on the Saturday night/Sunday morning, I noticed a couple of things I wasn't really happy with - red glitter on one of the nails, very clear brush marks on some nails, nails weren't really very smooth, but I decided to not stress about it and to just ask for another technician next time (I haven't been happy with this particular one the last few times if I'm honest).

Give it a couple more days, and I notice that a couple of the nails appear to be lifting along the edges - by now I'm obviously getting more unhappy but I'm unable to go into the salon yet as I work really long shifts and miss them.

Today I've looked again, and I've noticed that the tips are turning an orangey yellow colour ?? They're over my natural nail, with no extension.

I've called the salon today as it was kind of the final straw - they've been on exactly 7 days to the hour!

I don't want to complain in there, as I've been using the same salon for a very long time, and (with the exception of 1) I love all the girls in there to pieces, but I think after paying £31 I should be getting a better result.

I'm going back in on Monday, but I'm hoping to get a bit of ''research'' beforehand (as its bothering me) as to why this might be happening, or what could be causing the problem ?

I don't smoke, haven't been around any bleach or anything, I've been in my work uniform all week which is black/navy, and I don't use any products on my hair - basically there is nothing that I can think is causing it, but then I'm not the professional.

Can anyone help shed any light at all ?

Thanks in Advance

x

With regards to the colour changing, white is quite a pourus colour. Have you used fake tan or eaten curry at all?

Your nail technician will be able to advise you more as she will be able to physically see the nails. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it soon enough.

:) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

With regards to the colour changing, white is quite a pourus colour. Have you used fake tan or eaten curry at all?

Your nail technician will be able to advise you more as she will be able to physically see the nails. I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it soon enough.

:) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Happyfeet.

Nope, no false tan (only use it when I'm going out which is really rare), and I'm on a super strict diet so no curry (or anything remotely yummy ha ha).

Fingers crossed they can figure something out on Monday. As I said I love the salon & girls - although the 1 who did my nails this time hasn't been doing them very well for quite a while. We switched to a different girl, but somehow ended up back in with her last week!

x

Like happy feet said, white is very porous and it could be that she's missed a bit with top coat and your makeup/foundation could stain them and make them look yellowy/dingey.

Go back and show them and they may be able to clean with IPA then top coat again.

Like happy feet said, white is very porous and it could be that she's missed a bit with top coat and your makeup/foundation could stain them and make them look yellowy/dingey.

Go back and show them and they may be able to clean with IPA then top coat again.

Thanks Waffle.

I've arranged to go back in and see them - hopefully we will get to the bottom of it, as it does look worse today (more orangey). I haven't had any makeup on so it can't even be that - that was my first thought as it looks the same shade of yellow/orange that you get with really bad cheap foundation if you get me ?

I wasn't told that it could discolour, or that it might not last as long as another colour would have. Should I have been ??

Also - should I have to pay anything for this to be fixed ? The reality is that they had been on for a few hours when I noticed the smaller problems (which I couldve lived with) 3/4 days when I noticed the bigger problems (lifting and discolouration) and it was literally 7 days to the minute from my appointment time when I finally gave in and spoke to them.

I know technically it was a week before I spoke to them, but I was under the impression they should be lasting 3/4 weeks and they did cost me a small fortune!

x

Latest posts

Back