Bit of advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
I've stripped most of the purple from my hair but i have tinges of orange left so my hairs a orange mix with copper blonde at the mo. I don't want to keep stripping the colour as i simply don't think my hair can take it. Im always pink, purple, red but i have the.mother in law visiting and cant deal with her snide comments. I use wella colours mainly. Anyone suggest a colour/mix... Id really like to aim for a dark blonde warm tones. Nothing ashy ? Any suggestions would be great. X

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

How copper / orange is it? you could do a gentle cleanse with effasor without the peroxide just to lift the orange?/ one more stripper / effasor with 20 vol? As I think you will need to lift it to an undertone of yellow to gain the dark golden blond you want. without Lifting the orange out you just won't gain a blond it will slide strait off x

Its a very light copper. A lot of it has blonded well.

Hey if i thought i could get a fab light blonde id go for that!

Maybe one more strip on just the copper tones?

Shall i take a picture. I don't want to damage my hair anymore than i have.

Or perhaps a light brown in this instance could work?

You can always do a red brown or a violet brown it would hide ur orange tones. If you try Pravana color line it contains keratin protein for ur hair so as u ad a color u r enhancing the life of ur hair n helping it maintain healthy. I use red purple pink teal n all Pravana n my hair is thick n healthy when I did it. So try that. It also lifts pretty easy of you wanna change it after the visit lol :) let me know what u did hope it works :)

You can even light brown it n try n tone the blonde n have a lil high lights wit low lights

Yeah pop a pic up, if it's more of a peachy colour and Depending how damaged and porous the hair is I would strip it again, but not with an abrasive stripper what do you use? Id prob use bleach /20 vol and shampoo or effasor with no peroxide. then tone it and really treat it with an intense mask and make sure the client does this once a week!

i can't upload from here.

i don't think the hair will take anymore stripper or bleach. time to tone i think.

its very light peach colour like u said. what toner? Im thinking a violet or blue based but not sure what mix now. i don't want it taking any.colour really x

I know everyone's suggesting effasor or bleach bathing, i personally dont go near the stuff...see if you can get hold of an Affinage Erasor or a Goldwell Colour Remover as these will remove the artificial colour in your hair without any damage, and the Eraser actually works as a conditioning treatment due to the very low ph level...you may have to do a couple of applications if the tone is quite strong and vibrant however you cant go wrong if you're not damaging your hair ;)

I know everyone's suggesting effasor or bleach bathing, i personally dont go near the stuff...see if you can get hold of an Affinage Erasor or a Goldwell Colour Remover as these will remove the artificial colour in your hair without any damage, and the Eraser actually works as a conditioning treatment due to the very low ph level...you may have to do a couple of applications if the tone is quite strong and vibrant however you cant go wrong if you're not damaging your hair ;)

well i have just read this.... after using an eraser. and it worked a treat. in fact i wish id just used this method in the.first place.

i tried to tone it with an extra light ash blonde with a hint of violet... no joy... it went purple grey. so i went for the eraser and it completely cleared my hair of all colour. Im left with a very light blonde with a yellow tinge, the banana colour. now Im just wondering how to go about toning it... i don't want a grey purple fiasco. so for now ill stay like this until anyone can offer advice i feel will work. x

well i have just read this.... after using an eraser. and it worked a treat. in fact i wish id just used this method in the.first place.

i tried to tone it with an extra light ash blonde with a hint of violet... no joy... it went purple grey. so i went for the eraser and it completely cleared my hair of all colour. Im left with a very light blonde with a yellow tinge, the banana colour. now Im just wondering how to go about toning it... i don't want a grey purple fiasco. so for now ill stay like this until anyone can offer advice i feel will work. x

Phew! glad you didnt bleach bath :biggrin:
One problem with the Eraser is that you can't use any Quasi/demi Permanent colours after using it as it can go really dark, or go really purple lol. I cant really suggest what to use unless i know what colour brand you prefer to use. i use Affinage, so i would personally use 10,21 with 3/6% whichever you would deem appropriate. if you can translate that over to your colour brand, then give it a go, if not let me know what you use and i'll try and figure a colour out to use. it may even be worth using a purple shampoo or even better a purple conditioner, such as direktions (which i havn't used) or affinage colour dynamics, cool white, (which i have used to great effect!) saves unneeded colouring if your hair isn't too yellow but hard to tell without seeing it.

I'm glad the Eraser worked for you :)

Im trying to aim eventually for a certain colour... Shall i post a pic of my hair and what Im aiming for see.what u think? I have a plan in.my head but.not sure.its mistake proof.x

I attempted a wella 12/1 and a violet mix with 6 vol that resulted in the grey purple tinge today xx

Is there any way u could email a pic or put a link up to photobucket etc?

so funny.... ignore the poor photography and lack of make and such lol what a silly stare... I still think it looks brassy in this picture but not so much in "real life" xxx any suggestions would be great x

Attachments

• picture for sg.jpg
    picture for sg.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 376
I attempted a wella 12/1 and a violet mix with 6 vol that resulted in the grey purple tinge today xx

Why would this be? High lift are exactly that high lift!! Not toners which is why it grabbed as your hair is knackered!!

Why would this be? High lift are exactly that high lift!! Not toners which is why it grabbed as your hair is knackered!!

Sorry but i thought she was asking for advice....not asking to be mocked?

I will private message you my email eddress....if you email me that picture uve posted on here and a picture of the colour you're aiming for i'll try and work something out for you :)

Yes I'm aware of this. thank you.

Sorry but i thought she was asking for advice....not asking to be mocked?

I will private message you my email eddress....if you email me that picture uve posted on here and a picture of the colour you're aiming for i'll try and work something out for you :)

I didnt ask why it happened....I knew why. I dont mind being mocked. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but yes I did ask for advice. Thank you x

How did u get on proper princess ??? X

I used an efaser by affinage. Then i toned it right down. Worked a treat. X

Latest posts

Back