Bit of help please- does this sound feasible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonbladez

Reaction score
Promise I wont waffle but just after a bit of advice please.

I am currently mobile based down south and my husband is in the RAF and is due out in a year and a half. So I plan to move back up north with my family so I can start my business again. It will give me some time to start building my client base up, looking for a house, finding a job while I build business up... the list goes on.

Only problem is, I wont have a car as it is staying down south so being mobile is out of the question. The plan *hopefully* is to eventually be working from a home salon. But I will be living with my sister for a few months while I wait on housing list. My sister has offered me her spare room so I can still keep doing my business while I am living with her, only problem is that this will be temporary and If I have to jump through lots of hoops with different people to be able to work from her home I mays well keep the hoop jumping saved till I move into my house.

Although I am guessing this will be a lot of hoop jumping as it will be a council house and I know they don't let people usually work from home.

Sorry to waffle but if it is feesable to work at my sisters for a few months, who do I need to contact?

I really can't bear the thought of having to put my business on hold for X months while I get a house sorted :sad:

Promise I wont waffle but just after a bit of advice please.

I am currently mobile based down south and my husband is in the RAF and is due out in a year and a half. So I plan to move back up north with my family so I can start my business again. It will give me some time to start building my client base up, looking for a house, finding a job while I build business up... the list goes on.

Only problem is, I wont have a car as it is staying down south so being mobile is out of the question. The plan *hopefully* is to eventually be working from a home salon. But I will be living with my sister for a few months while I wait on housing list. My sister has offered me her spare room so I can still keep doing my business while I am living with her, only problem is that this will be temporary and If I have to jump through lots of hoops with different people to be able to work from her home I mays well keep the hoop jumping saved till I move into my house.

Although I am guessing this will be a lot of hoop jumping as it will be a council house and I know they don't let people usually work from home.

Sorry to waffle but if it is feesable to work at my sisters for a few months, who do I need to contact?

I really can't bear the thought of having to put my business on hold for X months while I get a house sorted :sad:

right you'd need to ring up the council 4 planning permision and same with a council house when you get one. you'd be better and cheaper to rent a room in a salon or dental practise etc. your just making things hard for yourself plus the council could decline it change of usuage on both. hope this helps

Meh, why do they make things so hard :smack: Not as if I will be changing anything structure wise to the building. Meh

So that means me having to put my business on hold till say Christmas till I can afford a car to be able to get myself and equipment to said room to rent or go mobile.

At the moment I don't feel I offer too much in the way of treatments to be able to go straight into a room rental and have it booked up enough to be able to afford the rent etc.

Back to the drawing board I go...

Latest posts

Back