Black Big Toes..?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya all...hope your all well. xxx

I have 2 clients who both have 1 black toe nail, the first said it happened on the other big toe about 2 years ago and it fell off...now its ok...but the other is now black, she put it down to too much stamping...she is a raver..lol every weekend she goes raving...which apparently involves stamping feet...lol...don't ask me !!!

The other client who has the same thing was a professional runner and said she thinks its from that...running/stamping....same kind of thing !!!

So has anyone ever had this..?

Are there theories right...?

Is there anything they can do...or is it a grow out thing..?

Thanks guys xxx

Just been rading about this in doug scoons book angie, runners quite often suffer witht hsi trauma due to their toes hitting the fron of their shoes, as too the raver would imagine she gets her feet trampled quite a lot.

have a read up hun chapter 3 or 4 cant rememer which one exacly o the top of my head.
x

I've got a toenail that sounds pretty much the same... I broke the big toe a few years ago and my toe and nail have never been right since.
I now suffer from a pincer toenail that ingrows if I'm not careful and also it went discoloured, black/purple bruising.
I promise you no stamping was involved (apart from stamping feet in temper lmao)
The discolouration is now growing out, but in its place i have thickening of the toenail and nail plate separation :eek:
I'm going to be watching the thread Angie in the hope that you get some answers that might help me out too :D

omg my mate has this 'JOGGERS TOE' lmao

u learn something new every day must send her this link !!

amb x

scattyfox said:
would imagine she gets her feet trampled quite a lot
hmmm would having a 7 stone dog continually standing on your toe have a similar effect?
One of my dogs is always doing that, damn painful.

Thanks girls xx

The nails arnt thick or crumbly at all...just very black/blue-ish ...no ridges or anything.

Hi there here is my little input on this lol.............don't you just love the internet..........xxxx

Black toe nails, a common condition for runners, and high mileage walkers, is caused by injury to the tissue under the toe nail. Friction is the cause of most black nails. Friction from tight shoes, sudden stops and starts that jam the toe against the front of the shoe, or down hill walking that causes the foot to slide forward in your shoe.

As a result, the toe repeatedly hits the end of the shoe, causing bleeding, fluid build up, and bruising under the toenail. In some cases the nail will discolor, with little or no pain. It is best to alleviate the problem and leave the nail alone. In most cases the nail will eventually fall off and regrow without any significant deformity.

Friction can be caused by any of the following:

• Shoes that are too short or too tight
  • A toe box that does not fit your foot shape
  • Tight socks
  • Downhill walking or running
  • Swollen feet
When to see a doctor:If enough pressure builds beneath the nail, it can become quite painful, requiring your physician to drill a hole into the nail to relieve the pressure.

You notice any redness that might be associated with an infection.

cool...thanks Ruth...mind if i print it off..? xx

NailStyle said:
cool...thanks Ruth...mind if i print it off..? xx

No of course not, go ahead Hun xxxx

Latest posts

Back